“I failed to see the "fine dining" in this one !” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Massey
Cuisines: Canadian, Seafood, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Fort vermilion
“I failed to see the "fine dining" in this one !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

On an across Canada drive we pulled in the town of Massey . Not much here but saw the one and only restaurant which looked very cute from the outside . Walked in and thought the decor was very cute . We sat on the outdoor patio because the inside of the restaurant was very hot with no air conditioning .Must have been 30 degrees. Menu had a wide selection. I ordered the seafood pasta with a description of (lobster,shrimp,sea scallops )When it came it looked great but after tasting I knew IMMEDIATELY they were trying to pass off imitation crab for real crab. The lobster tasted off as well as the shrimp . For 17$ I was quite annoyed . Was not charged for the meal after complaining and not eating it. My husband got the dragonfly burger and fries which he scored a 3 1/2 out of 10. Also they forgot to add the cheese/bacon which he had requested and then had to send back. We got garlic cheese bread for an appetizer which was really good . Our waitress was very nice, attentive and helpful. However the rest of this meal was a major epic fail.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Barbieatthebeach

Calgary, Canada
“Decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

For a small town without a lot of options, I understand why this is highly rated. Most of the food is made from scratch. As a vegan however, I felt like asking for no dairy in my meal was perceived as "difficult" (I ordered a wrap). I was told there was no other dressings (not even italian or balsamic), but I could concoct my own by being brought olive oil and vinegar. I agreed (though those ingredients never arrived, and I didn't want to ask as our table's order took a very long time to arrive). I recognized the sundried tomato dressing on my house salad when I was halfway through eating it (that dressing has cheese in it) and had a stomach ache the rest of the day.

• Visited July 2014
mt clemens mi
“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

what a pleasant surprise out in the middle of no where good food........... but they are mighty proud of their food cuz its a wee bit pricey........... 55.00 for lunch with NO alcohol is way out there...... food was ok though.

• Visited July 2014
North Bay, Ontario, Canada
“quaint little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This restaurant is decorated with dragonflies everywhere !
This place is right on HWY 17 but you can't hear the traffic which was good. The windows were all open as it was a nice sunny day but the dining room was a little dark. The place could use a little more natural light.
My son had an 8 oz burger and chips. He enjoyed it very much. I had baby green salad with chicken. It was soaked in dressing. Please offer the dressing on the side.
Waitress was pleasant. Will stop in again some day.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hamilton, Canada
“Good food at an affordable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is my favorite place to eat when looking for casual fine dining. Good food and good service. Warmly, Doreen South

Visited April 2014