“Don't judge too quickly..”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden City Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in Morrisburg
Newfoundland
“Don't judge too quickly..”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The decor of this restaurant was simple and clean but a little musty. We were hesitant to come here but had little other options. We were pleasantly surprised. There were 4 of us, two couples with one child each and everyone walked away very happy with their meals. I ate all of mine which is rare. It was delicious! To me, portion sizes were perfect, if not a little large.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Sea_Rah

Ontario, Canada
“Good Chinese Food”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have been to this restaurant for chinese food probably three or four times in the past when it was Lee's Tavern Dining Lounge and now it's the Golden City Restaurant. The interior which is not fancy, kind of basic, seems unchanged and is clean, large enough and our server was friendly.

The menu offers the usual choices of individual items and combination plates you would expect to find at most chinese food restaurants. My wife and I each ordered a #1 Combination Plate which consists of an egg roll, sweet & sour chicken balls, garlic spare ribs and chicken fried rice for $10.95 and the portion size was satisfactory for us. The egg roll was average, garlic spare ribs average to good, the sweet & sour chicken balls and rice very good. They also have 'seniors' (over 60) smaller portions for $7.95 but I would stay with the regular size portion.

Overall, I would rate this restaurant between 'average' and 'very good'... so let's say 'good'. We would return again.

• Visited May 2014