“We felt like we were staying with friends...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homestead House

Homestead House
Ranked #1 of 1 Mount Hope B&B and Inns
Harrison Hot Springs, Canada
“We felt like we were staying with friends...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed at Homestead House at the beginning and end of our trip to Ontario, as our flights were in and out of Hamilton airport. We initially booked our last night at a motel because our flight out was early and we didn't want to inconvenience our hosts, but after our first night, they convinced us that an early departure was not a problem. Bernie and Verena picked us up from the airport, drove us to pick up and drop off our rental car, and drove us to the airport for our flight home. They assured us that this was all a part of their service, but it really was above and beyone what we expected. The first night, we were the only guests, and our hosts very graciously invited us to join them for drinks on their back deck. By the time we left, we felt as though we had made new friends - they are extremely warm and wonderful people. Our rooms were clean and comfortable, breakfast was excellent, and the hospitality second to none. Do yourselves a favour and stay with this lovely couple. Thanks for everything! Pat and Lorraine.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 86Shelbygirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Oak Grove, Minnesota, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

I had been in the Hamilton/Burlington area for around 5 weeks staying in a hotel. Then a colleague of mine informed me of the Homestead House, so I decided to give it a try. Once I got there, I settled in and felt as though I was back at home in Minnesota. Bernie and Verena did everything they could to insure that I was comfortable and of course well fed. Due to other business commitments I was only able to stay for 2 nights. Those 2 nights were more enjoyable than the other 5 weeks that I was in the area. I would reccommend to any and all travelers to stay at the Homestead House, over and above staying at any hotel. If I have return business in the area, I will definitely stay at the Homestead House if available.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Jefre F
Lindsay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

It's a tall order to be the best at what you do and at the Homestead House they've done it. The gracious hosts at this B and B couldn't make your stay any more comfortable. The inviting rooms, the warm welcome, refreshing atmosphere and of course Bernie and Verena are the nicest people you will ever meet. If you ever stay in the Hamilton area treat yourself to the best that this area has to offer. It's right here at the Homestead House Bed and Breakfast.
Thanks again Bernie and Verena there is no question, I'll gladly be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Nils M
Calhoun, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

I had my first experiance at The Homestead House Bed & Breakfast. The Host, Bernie & Verena made my stay very comfortable. The rooms are nice size and the beds are very comfortable. The Homestead House sits in a quite neighborhood out by the Hamilton airport. The breakfast is excellent and good size. I would definitly stay there again the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Phil P
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

Another visit to the excellent Homestead House, where our accommodating hosts have maintained their first class hospitality. This establishment is a must for anybody having a business or holiday interest in the Hamilton area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank lancaster16
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

During May we stayed at Homestead House for several days.
Bernie and Verena made it as warm and welcoming as if you were visiting your closest family. We stayed across several rooms during our stay and all rooms were very comfortable and gave nice views of a quiet setting. Breakfasts were a feast, especially the pancakes. For our next visit to Ontario we know exactly where we will be staying!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank stuivi
Penticton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

Was flighting into Hamilton after midnight and Bernie was there to pick me up. Next morning Verena had a great breakfast laid out. Cerel, Bagals, Cheese, Fresh Fruit, coffee, muffins. She even offered to make eggs if I liked. They drove me to a restaurant and car rental. The room was small but very cozy with phone, wireless internet, clock radio, shower. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Courtyard Hamilton
#7 of 20 in Hamilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton Ontario
Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown

Been to Homestead House? Share your experiences!