“Diamond INN the rough - NEW OWNERS making improvements”

Grey Rocks Inn & Restaurant
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nipigon
Grey Rocks Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Nipigon B&B and Inns
Lindsay, Canada
“Diamond INN the rough - NEW OWNERS making improvements”
Reviewed 26 April 2011

My husband and I travel several times a year from Sunderland to Winnipeg and have often stayed at Grey Rocks. Sure, it's an older, historical Inn, still requiring some updates, but each room is unique and more importantly, exceptionally clean and fairly priced. Our repeat visits allowed us to meet the NEW OWNERS, Megan and Andrew, two of the nicest people in Nipigon, who explained that they are updating and remodelling the rooms one by one. In fact, we had the priviledge of staying in one of their new rooms last October and it was beautiful; new flooring, furniture, bathroom fixtures, TV, air conditioning - the whole works!. We also appreciate having a decent restaurant with good food and service in the same building.

Room Tip: Historical INN, on HWY 17, opposite travel center
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank VIPAlpacas

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New Liskeard, ON
Reviewed 8 July 2010

No matter how tired you are, do NOT stay here!!! We were travelling home from a trip to Kenora and stopped here around 8:00pm. The other motels were booked so we took what we could get at the Grety Rock Inn & Bistro. I wish we had kept driving to the next town, regardless how far away it was. Although the service was good and the burgers at the bistro were quite delicious, the room was a nightmare. The old 70's decor and carpeting aside, the borken light fixtures and tub surround should have told us to run. After checking in I found the two doors leading outside did not latch. It was apparent that the door leading to the deck had been broken by force at some point and the wood between the doors was rotted through. It was so hot we had to leave the door leading out to the deck open and the window open, since there was no A/C. I hardly slept all night. I was terrified someone would break in, since the place looked like it has been ransacked before and I didn't want to lay down on the bed for fear I might leave for home with more then I went with, if you know what I mean. I could have cried. A sleep in the car would have been better.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank KellyNewLiskeard_ON

Travellers are raving about these Nipigon hotels

Been to Grey Rocks Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!