“Nice environment....BAD SERVICE”

McKitrick House Inn B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Orangeville
McKitrick House Inn B&B
Ranked #2 of 5 Orangeville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This place has the potential to be great... I hear its newly renovtated... and in fact looks nice and very clean but the service was horrifying... there were people drinking till the early evening and breakfast was not served.... had a hard time sleeping and unsure why its a b@b when clearly the management was unwilling to get up. Was actually greeted by someone who was speaking on the managements behalf... but was unable to find them as I am a sure they left aswell.... the charm and location are more than ideal.... but the staff needs to be educated properly on the meaning of a true b@b

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank layla123123
There are newer reviews for McKitrick House Inn B&B

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed for one weekend and the experience could not have been better. The manager, Nathan Dean, did an execptional job going above and beyond my expectations. The room was pleasant, clean, and very cozy. Breakfast was delicious, better than any hotel/motel I have stayed at.
I would recommend this Bed and Breakfast to anyone looking to stay in Orangeville. Actually, I would recommend going to Orangeville just to stay at this B&B!
I was very impressed, and will be coming back again and again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jessica H
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Lovely old century in the heart of Orangeville decorated to the period time. This b&b is close walking distance to unique shops and home town pubs. My partner and I spent one night here and enjoyed coffee in the private court yard the next morning. Nathan was a very accommodating host and made us a wonderful breakfast. We will be sure to visit the McKitrick House again.
Paul and Joanna

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joanna a
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed one night after a wedding and we got what we were told what we would get. The manager, Nathan Dean gave fantastic service by being friendly, available for communication, and prioritizing well. There was one mix up with one of the rooms, but he handled it well and ensured we were on time for the wedding. What he told me on the phone about the rooms was what we got. The place is very clean and cozy. Breakfast was excellent - it was continental but lovely and definitely more filling and better quality than any continental breakfast I've ever had. The rooms were small and the bathroom was shared with the others in the hall but he told us this so it wasn't a surprise. You can't expect a Hilton experience from a B&B in an older home so my recommendation to you all is to ask questions before booking a room so you aren't making unrealistic expectations. Nathan, good job and keep it up! We were pleased overall with our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Ashtongrant
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I have never written a review before but the horrible experience here made me do so. I have used Tripadvisor for years and have found the candid reviews accurate.

We were stuck as there was nothing else available. In hindsight we should have driven the half hour south and stayed in Brampton.

The rooms were ok but the environment was less that desirable and the hostess was, well lets not got there as I can think of nothing nice to say.

Bottom line. STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank traveller S
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Even though the reviews suggest stay away we thought we would try it. Definitely it is not a 4 star and to be honest it is not what you would expect from a B&B. First you drive up and this overgrown run down looking building is where you are staying. The rooms were ok but nothing to write home about and the breakfast was no better than you get for $3.99 at the greasy spoon down the road.

So if you are in Orangeville find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Stuart W
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We stayed here in May 2012. Our room, on the ground floor of the second house, was very pleasant, nicely decorated, clean, and comfortable. The house was quiet, despite the fact that we were the only guests who were NOT part of a wedding party. The B & B dining room (in the main house) is delightful and our breakfast was very nice. The house is right downtown in Orangeville and we were able to stroll out to a restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hiker7777
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orangeville
Best Western Plus Orangeville Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Bolton
Atlanta Motel
Atlanta Motel
#3 of 5 in Orangeville

Been to McKitrick House Inn B&B? Share your experiences!