“Forget the steak”

Montana's BBQ & Bar
Ranked #60 of 120 Restaurants in Orangeville
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Montana’s is all things BBQ to all people. Whether you’re in the mood for southern style in-house smoked ribs and pulled pork or looking for some Canadian BBQ flavour across our burgers, steaks and sandwiches; Montana’s has the perfect atmosphere to bring the family or meet up with friends. Fire up the good times at Montana’s BBQ & Bar!
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Let me start by saying my family and I eat here a lot. The service is almost always good, and the tables are spacious and comfortable. However, the food is mediocre at best. I can honestly say I've never had a good steak here in several years of visits. They are obviously lower quality cuts of meat and are smothered in 'steak spice', seemingly to attempt to hide that fact. Not to mention that it seems to that they are unable to hire someone who can actually cook a steak. I guess if I liked my steak like old leather then maybe it might be ok, but if you want to enjoy a good rare steak forget it.

So, go with the goat cheese penne, or the roasted chicken. Everything else pretty much sucks.

1  Thank HistoricalJewel

Reviewed 30 June 2014

There's a new boardwalk around Island lake and my husband and I went for a walk. So close to town yet in the middle of nature. On our way back we sat and had dinner on the patio at Montana's. I had the Calamari appetizer and it was done up very well with peppers etc I then ordered steak with these wonderful caramelized onions. had to send the steak back it was overcooked but the second was just right and delicious. They gave us a free dessert with chocolate and ice cream and caramel sauce with I thoroughly enjoyed. (I brought home half the steak and baked potato) so I could finish the dessert. A lovely evening.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We came here for a late dinner after a long day of work. We were seated promptly in an almost empty restaurant so we could not help but overhear two servers complaining loudly over their shifts and unpleasant customers; two bad signs of things to come. Fortunately, the two complaining servers soon left and our server was polite and did an excellent job which was the only positive part of our experience. The better cuts of steak are not on the menu at Montana’s and my Firecracker Sirloin turned out to be very disappointing as it was of low quality with an excessive amount of toppings in a failed attempt to cover-up its shortcomings. The sides were mediocre and the cost was quite high leaving no reason in my mind to return.

1  Thank Steve1362
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here while on business in the area. Food and service was good, menu had a large variety and beer was cold. I would eat here again if I was back in area .

Reviewed 16 July 2013

The service was good but the food is all prepackaged so missing that fresh taste, quality food I was looking for. I think for the price they are asking the food should be better. I also thought that restaurant looked tired.