“Bistro Italian Ristorante”

Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Owned and operated by it's original husband and wife team since 2005. A menu inspired by "Mamas Cucina" style Italian cooking. Pasta hand made daily.Home made bread.Desserts made in house. Pasta and seafood are our specialties though much diversity is found within the pages of our menu. Extensive wine list roams the regions of Italy. Gluten free options for every dinner on the menu. Reservations not accepted for groups smaller than 8. Maximum sit down table size is 14. Upstairs wine lounge and dining room available.
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Had to wait over an hour for a table for 6---- was worth the wait--- attentive wait staff seated us in upper lounge providing drinks & bread appetizer. Seating is quite limited thus they do not accept reservations.

Meals were excellent all round.

Quaint setting in an old building from 1858 in downtown Perth.

1  Thank Senorbolero

Reviewed 8 August 2013

A great meal from start to finish. X4. Each of us loved our food choices. This place is a small, simple restaurant, with limited seating. Because they accept no reservations, a wait in the upstairs bar may be necessary, I think awaiting guests should be brought an appetizer while upstairs. Nothing fancy, but something to make the wait more pleasurable.

I cannot say enough about the food! Such care is put into the dinners, and it shows in the enthusiasm we expressed with each bite! Even the bread is delish!
A wonderful choice for dinner, any night of the week!

1  Thank marcia s
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This was one of the BEST restaurant meals I've eaten! My husband and I arrived right at opening knowing that it might be quite busy. This is a very small restaurant with only a few tables and they tell you right on the menu that when they are busy you may expect a bit of a wait. So if your in a rush, don't go. If you have a bit of time you can expect the most delightful Italian food ever...trust me, if you have to wait (we did not) it would be worth it. Everything is hand made to order with fresh ingredients. I had the Chicken Parmesan and it was delightful. My husband had the special which was pasta with sausage and it was every bit as good. Absolutely everything was so tasty right from appetizers to dessert.
The service was wonderful and our server was very knowledgeable about the menu.
For me, this restaurant is a destination...we are in Kingston and would make a special trip just for the food. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank sazzycat27
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I went with two friends to celebrate a special occasion and we had a grand evening. The reason I chose very good rather than excellent is because you can't reserve a table so we had a half hour wait upstairs in a rather gloomy room and had to chase down a server to get a drink.
But, when we got our table, the experience was definitely excellent. We shared a bottle of icy Prosecco along with a Bruschetta which was wonderfully flavourful with a crisp base. Two of us had the homemade pasta which is to die for - perfectly cooked. I had Radiator (yes) pasta with spicy lamb meatballs with pine nuts, fresh tomatoes and Romano cheese. YUM. I followed that with a creme brulee that was perfect in every way and a cup of good coffee. Friendly attentive service and the chef came out for a chat as we were leaving.

1  Thank Ellen H
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Great chefs. Expensive for area, but worth it. Very crowded, even mid-week, so get there early. Went with 4 people, everyone had a different entre. They do a seafood mix over veal that was out of this world. They also make their pasta fresh and it is awesome. Wine selection was somewhat limited however.

2  Thank williamwax