“Best steak I've ever had”
Review of The Masonry - CLOSED

The Masonry
Price range: US$5 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Best steak I've ever had”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend took me to the masonry for my birthday and it was absolutely amazing. Like a lot of spots in Perth it's an old stone house turned into a restaurant so it's very rustic on the inside. I had an 8 ounce tenderloin wrapped in bacon topped with blue cheese. I don't say this very lightly when I say it's the best steak I've ever had and I've been to quite a few nice restaurants. Sautéed asparagus and amazing tiny french fries topped it right off... I'll be going back for Another very soon

Perth, Canada
“Nice patio”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We returned to the Masonry one hot summer day for lunch in their nice, new shady patio which is behind the restaurant. I had a delicious fish taco - yummy and a refreshing white wine spritzer. Hubby had a satisfying burger and one of their multitudinous beers. .... We will return!

Ottawa, Canada
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were a group of twelve woman, former nursing classmates from OCH class of '63 gathering for lunch. I recognized the owner from his photograph on the web site. He was standing at the cash, but he did not acknowledged us as we arrived, and he watched me struggle to push the front door open. This owner missed a chance to show some hospitality.

I ordered the masonry salad because of the wonderful description of it on the menu. The salad arrived at the bottom of a huge bowl. The usual romaine with a small serving of what seemed like deep fried ham cut into tiny cubes, one half of a poorly cooked hard boiled egg cut into 4 pieces, 3 tiny slices of avacado which were not fresh, small cubes of tomato which had the dressing on them which I gather was the blue cheese buttermilk dressing, and some mystery product, grey in colour, tastless which I assume was the crab. This salad was absolutely bland! This is their signature salad and it was not worth the $16.

The post lunch comments on the sidewalk outside indicate that no one really enjoyed their lunch.

One of our group sent her salad back because her avacado was black. The salad was returned minus the black avacado.

Sorry Masonry,,..we will not be returning.

On a positive note, we had a great server. She had a beautiful smile, did her job well, and tried to please us.

The restaurant was clean and nicely done as were the washrooms.

This restaurant is not handicap friendly. There are steep steps from the sidewalk leading up to the front door, and the door is VERY heavy! The restrooms are on the second floor.

3 Thank lovetovacation075
Ottawa, Canada
“Best Hamburger I have EVER had”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Beer was excellent MacKinnon Brothers Crosscut out of Bath Ontario. I am not a beer drinker and really, really enjoyed this new brew! Best Hamburger I have ever had IN MY LIFE. It was made with locally produced top grade and included the Masonry Bacon Butter (yes-bacon butter!) and crispy onions on a nice fresh bun. Nice atmosphere by the fountain on the hidden patio. One of those rare finds that I will choose to visit again soon. I love the wine list as well as it included several of my favourite, local Ontario wines.....

Perth, Canada
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My family and I have dined here many times breakfast lunch and dinner and always had great friendly service and really good food.
Today for my birthday my wife and I thought we would go there for breakfast on the patio but we arrived were told patio server not in till 1030. We were disappointed but food was great. Perhaps on these nice sunny summer days the patio could open earlier.
Have a good day