“Delicious Ribs”

Wildfire BBQ and Smokehouse
Ranked #29 of 62 Restaurants in Perth
“Delicious Ribs”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We were a large group with two small children. We ordered the family meal and two orders of nachos. They were out of the beef brisket so we chose extra ribs. Loved the ribs, good sauce and meaty. The meal included a half chicken which was also good, but the pulled pork was very good. The nachos had the pulled pork, very different and we all finished it quickly. Looking forward to goi g back for the brisket.

1 Thank Ssm6698

Ottawa, Canada
“A Wildfire Pulled Pork Road Trip - do it”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The Three Amigos took a road trip from Ottawa to Perth with the specific purpose of eating to Wildfire BBQ and Smokehouse. :Perfect day for a ride and BBQ.

I ordered the Pulled Pork Sandwich with Baked Beans and Smoked Vegetables. I also added a side of Hush Puppies and a side of Smoked Beef Brisket to round things out.

I enjoyed the Smoked Beef Brisket most.

My friends ordered a Pulled Pork Sandwich with Mac and Cheese and Coleslaw and a BBQ Chicken Sandwich with Smoked Vegetables.

I am happy to report everyone enjoyed their meals.

My Pulled Pork was tender, not too salty and I liked the different sauces I tried.

The smoked veggies while I enjoyed the smokey flavor were crazy powerful and pretty oily. Perhaps partially smoking the veggies whole and finishing batches to order with some other fresh veggies. Puree some of those veggies up and make it a hot sauce/spread. It would be wicked on a pulled pork sandwich :)

We could not decide if the Mac and Cheese was being served warm or what.

The Hush Puppies: Glad you have them. Hot. Taste great, crust perfect.

My only comment/advice, a couple of my Hush Puppies were just a bit under cooked in the center. I would take just an extra second and squish them a bit to an oval before frying them . The bit thinner balls will cook through. They were awesome regardless. One friend had never had them and like it too.

Can not comment personally upon the fries but the ones I saw on other tables looked homemade, well prepared and were disappearing.

Things they need to do better:

The hot food need to be held (maintained) at a hotter internal temperature. The cold food needs to be colder (coleslaw)

Wetnaps or Wetwipes? There is not a place to wash my hands.

While I do not expect you to have a restroom/toilet anymore than any other roadside BBQ shack I do need to cleanup all that great sauce before moving on.

I think outsourcing your customers hand washing needs as an externality to be funded by a nearby ubiquitous franchise coffee and food outlet *no names of course* is none too cool.

I think part of this comes from the misconception of whats really going where on this property. The large grey building painted with Wildfire BBQ and Smokehouse signs seems to be just that - a building used as an advertising base or platform. The actual food outlet is in the small red trailer attached to the west side of the grey building. The BBQ Smoker is out back with piles of wood - go have a peek or look at the pics.

*Sadly the owners and customers are missing the need of the BBQ lover need to see and smell the BBQ and food preparation. It is part of the BBQ process. The Pitmaster needs a Pit. Tear down those walls Mr.Gorbachev.

I'm rooting for you guys and I will be back.

Smoked beef brisket all the way next time!

Smiths Falls, Canada
“I'll Keep Coming Back”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I've been several times this summer and I'll keep going back for those ribs! I tried the ribs at the Calabogie Blue/ribssfest last weekend and they are nowhere near as good as these! These guys cook 'em exactly as they should be (not drenched in sauce) so you can actually taste the ribs) - I recommend trying their baked beans ... they are superb.

Houston, Texas
“Where's the Beef?”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I really wanted to like this place. Having lived in BBQ country in the states for 20 years, I know a little something about BBQ. The concept is basic and is a copy from many places I have visited in the USA. The only thing that matters is the BBQ. Menu is good and varied. Prices are not cheap but not outrageous either. The major issue my wife and I both asked is where is the BBQ? She ordered a Chicken BBQ sandwich and I ordered a Brisket sandwich. We both suffered from the same problem...very little meat and piles of coleslaw on a nice big bun. We both had literally 5 small peices of meat on our sandwiches each. C'mon folks. If you can't even see the BBQ piled on the sandwich-it ain't BBQ. Fix your major portion control problem and get down to business! 4 ounces of BBQ does not a sandwich make.

1 Thank French F
Perth, Canada
“Beware of salt overdose.”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Went for an early supper, pretty sure we got left over meat from lunch, on sampler platter, barely warm.
Anyone on restricted salt diet should be warned. Major overdose of seasoned salt sprinkled on top of foods that don't need it ie..mac and cheese., as well as everything else.
Chicken 1/4 skin expected to be crispy was a gluey chunk of rubber that couldn't be swallowed. (lunch leftover for sure.)
Ribs tasted fake, fries would have been excellent, exept for the salt overdose.
Had the runs when got home.
Overall, too greasy and heavy for us.
Flies landing on your platter your about to eat is abit annoying.

2 Thank jeff s