“Good fish and chips”

The Golden Arrow Pub and Eatery
Ranked #34 of 64 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Description: A friendly pub/ restaurant located in the heart of downtown Perth Ontario. Daily Specials, Caesar Mondays, Tuesday is Schnitzel Night, Wednesday is 2 for 1 Fish and Chips, Thursday is Rib Night, Sunday is Pasta Day, and Friday is Schnitzel Night amongst other varied daily specials. Well known for having excellent pizza, fish & chips, and a great variety of other excellent menu items. Weekly Entertainment. Wednesday is Karaoke Night, Thursday is Open Stage Night, Friday and Saturday we have varied popular performers.
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I always have the fish and chips here as they are very good, you can get bread and butter so as to make a "chip butty".
For desert share a piece of chocolate eruption cake - to die for!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The place was dirty, door left open because it was so hot in the restaurant and flys were everywhere. Overcharged for my grand daughters meal which she ordered off the kids menu. Cheese sticks and salad instead of fries but salad was massive and and never noticed until we left that we had been charged for a regular salad instead of a kids size for an extra dollar. Our 2 for 1 fish and chips were ok but 15$ for an order was not really worth it. I will not go back

1  Thank gsilversides
Reviewed 12 June 2014

What a strange and unexpected experience. Nice looking pub with not one other patron when we arrive. Server greets and is pleasant, serves a drink and menu then proceeds to assist a worker or owner ?? They hang a banner while we wait for a while, they eventually finish , to place our order. Food arrives quickly and the 2 smoked meat on rye are served on good old white bread- not as advertised and not a good combo. Finally I order another beverage but the server again gets jnto a lengthy chat with another worker so I cancel the order. Not very impressive with a total of 4 patrons in the place. Totally unexpected but very dissapointing.

2  Thank paul s
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My family and I were here on Tuesday night. The first Tuesday of every month turns out to be Greek night but you can order off the regular menu as well. My family decided to try the Greek food. We were not disappointed. My parents had the lamb dinner which served a soup (excellent) and salad before the main meal. My husband ordered the tasting platter and I ordered three appetizers. Everything was declicious and there was lots of it so much so that we ended up taking home leftover containers. My only complaint would be that the dolmades were a bit dry and it would have been nice to have had a lemon sauce with them but other than that food was good. Our waitress was very helpful and provided good service. We would return for Greek night again. Thankyou. One more thing, the restaurant is looking a bit tired. Thanks.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Nice looking little pub. Cozy. But my "fresh baked panni" was nothing but a store bought sub bun. The sandwich was barely toasted and cold. Very little brie, cranberrys or red pepper jelly, so I pad 12 bucks for cold ham sandwich. Poutine was ok, yummy gravy, but this was also sort of cold. No cheese curds just shreded cheese. I had a bite of the store bought "chocolate explosion cake" and found it to be stale. Server was friendly but would not go again.