“A hidden gem...”

The Hungry 7
Ranked #3 of 62 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a family run modern diner on Hwy 7 in Perth, Ontario. Come and enjoy one of our Hungry 7 cheeseburgers, fresh hot chicken sandwiches, or a delicious pasta and a glass of wine! Kids menu available. We are open Tuesday to Sunday, 11 am to 8pm.
Montreal, Canada
“A hidden gem...”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This little hidden gem is very deceiving. I've visited Perth before and I must've passed by this restaurant a few times at least. But I have had heard good things about this restaurant so I decided to give it a try this time. When we arrived, my wife took one look at me and asked "Do we really have to eat here?". I have to admit, I was surprised that this was the same restaurant I had passed by before that people were saying such good things about. But I talk my wife into trying it out with me so we went inside.

Right away we greeted by warm friendly smile. After we were seated, we were shown the menu of the day which was very impressive.

My wife had a nice glass of Chiraz along with a nice linguine and chicken. Since she is allergic to dairy products, my wife requested to substitute the cream sauce with a nice marinara sauce. The chef was more than happy to make the change and served a delicious meal for my wife! Nicely cooked fresh chicken chunks with grilled peppers and linguine with what tasted like homemade marinara sauce. In the sauce, there were nice chunks of tomatoes, vegetables and garlic!

I, myself, tried the Hungry 7 Burger with cheese and bacon and was very happy with it! The bread used was not commercial bread, but fresh bread made by hand from a local bakery. The cheese was real cheddar (not a processed cheese imitation!). The vegetables served on the hamburger were fresh and crispy. And the fries were some of the best fries I've ever tasted. Homemade fries with the skin still on! Not the frozen packaged ones you get at the grocery store.

For dessert, my wife had a delicious slice of blueberry pie which apparently had been prepared, by hand, five hours earlier (with REAL blueberries!). I had, what tasted like (and probably was), a homemade brownie which I enjoyed with a scoop of ice cream and fudge sauce!

Overall, if you look past the exterior, you will be in for quite a pleasant surprise! And the best part? All the prices were very, VERY reasonable! A terrific bargain!

I'm looking forward to coming back here again and I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to my friends and family!

1 Thank Steven T

Scotland
“Super satisfying”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

After a busy holiday vacationing in ottawa we decided to take the scenic route home to Brantford.Having had enough of the big city meals we were hungry for a home cooked meal.Based on the trip advisor reviews we chose the Hungry 7.
It checked all the boxes! Friendly staff,casual and welcoming atmosphere but most importantly a super satisfying and tasty meal! We definitely will pass this way again!

• Visited July 2014
Shavertown, Pennsylvania
“A truely memorable dining experience”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I vacation near Perth each year for 3 weeks in the spring and 3 weeks in the fall. On our spring trip we were lucky enough to stop for lunch at the Hungry 7 restaurant. Talk about a lucky choice. When we walked into the dining area, we were made to feel at home by the extremely friendly and well informed waitress. Any questions we asked about the menu were answered professionally and completely. The meal we ordered arrived in a short time and was prepared by the owner, who has a very impressive list of culinary experience and a wide range of food preparation accolades. As we enjoyed the meal, the owner came over and had a conversation with us which made us feel as though we were old friends. Excellent food choices, prepared fresh by a professional in a comfortable and friendly atmosphere; we ate there 3 more times and look forward to the fall to enjoy a quality affordable meal prepared and served by "our new friends".

• Visited May 2014
Perth, Canada
“WOW, The Hungry 7 gets a 10 out of 10”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

When my husband was told by his doctor to go on a heart healthy diet, I assumed it would end our meals out. I called The Hungry 7 ahead and was passed to the chef, David, who assured me he could provide a low salt, low fat, low sugar meal so we decided to try it. How many restaurants will cook a specialized meal while every table is full? David came to our table immediately and asked what we would like. "No problem." Within a short period of time we had a truly delicious meal.
The whole atmosphere was positive. The wait staff were friendly, efficient and helpful, the place was spotless. Though the restaurant is on Hwy. 7 among many fast food chains, they have managed in a very short period of time to stand out. The clientele was a cross-section of smiling people, many of whom had been before. It's not fancy, just excellent.
We'll be back!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Donshari
Maberly, Ontario, Canada
“Good Food”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Very unpretentious but the food is great. All meals, soups and pies are made from scratch with daily specials to tempt the tastebuds. Takeout is available if you don't have time to stay and enjoy.

• Visited June 2014