“Perth Pub”

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perth Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

Had 2 for 1 fish and chips Wednesdays and had a beer from Okanagan Springs Typical pub atmosphere.Music a little annoying.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Gretta B

Westport, Ont.
“good food, nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

Bring back the hot legs!! (like the hot wings, but the legs are the best). The atmosphere of the restaurant is inviting and cosy. The food is excellent. I really need to go there soon, as this typing is making me hungry.

1 Thank Sue H
Ottawa, Canada
“Never on Sunday!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

Four of us met here on a Sunday afternoon for lunch. The place presents well when you enter and is a very attractive medium sized pub. They have a good selection of beers and ales and the seating and tables are comfortable.

On this particular Sunday, and I think this is the norm, the regular menu was unavailable and we had our choice of about 10 selections from the black board. All but the lasagna and cabbage rolls were deep fried and served with fries or onion rings. I asked...a side salad instead was not an option, and there was no main course salad on the menu. So dieting on Sunday is out!

Speaking of out, they were also out of diet soft drinks unless you count soda and water. And decaf coffee was instant (yech). I passed on it.

Heading to the restrooms is an experience. They are down a flight of very steep and narrow stairs. My aged friend found this very diffiicult to navigate.I am 6'4" and arrived at the bottom of the stairs with very little headroom. I had to duck to get through the door.

Our server was a very pleassnt young lady who kept us well satisfied in that department. The place only had three or four tables busy, so it is hard to judge how the service would be if it were full. I suspect it would be fine. I can imagine this is a popular spot to congregate after work and enjoy a drink and good company, but it misses the mark on a Sunday and may best remain closed rather than damage what might otherwise be a good reputation.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank David M
Arnprior, Canada
“Finally a Great Pint!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I am a Pub and Beer Snob.

Found this spot after a cold morning of checking out Perth.

Waitress was very pleasant.

The kids enjoyed their Fish and Chips.

The wife had a nice salmon dish.

I enjoyed my soup and salad.

EPL Footy was on the TVs

I got a Fuller's London Pride from a Pump Tap - AWESOME!!!

I will be back!

Tony

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank TBS-Funtimes
Perth, Canada
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Have always enjoyed the food here. Friendly service.

Visited June 2011