“Great good at a great price. TERRIBLE service.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Danny's Restaurant & Steakhouse
Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Petawawa
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great good at a great price. TERRIBLE service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I went in after we got posted in. We went with our two kids and were told to seat ourselves. We proceeded to wait for our waitress to basically toss our menus onto the table. She was very short with myself and my wife. She gave a little attitude when we asked if our kids could have something to colour.

We waited another several minutes before she came back to ask what we wanted to drink. She was very busy "feeling up" someone who works in the back. Not impressed. When our kids asked for milkshakes, I saw her ROLL HER EYES. Not okay.

Someone else brought our food. She had long dark hair and was very pleasant. She refilled our drink and checked on us. The good was good and a good price. We would have gone back and asked for different server if it wasn't for what she did when we went up to pay.

My wife left a tip on the table. I went up to the counter to settle the bill. When she printed the receipt and saw I haven't left anything, I heard her mumble "seriously? Thanks a lot". I wanted to walk over to the table and take whatever my wife had left her. I kept our receipt with her name at the bottom. So thank you, Wendy, for one of my worst restaurant going experiences. My wife and I have since named you "droopy". Perhaps menopause is a good time to give up your customer service job.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank ChadK69

Halifax, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Small Banquet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

A group of 30 thoroughly enjoyed our meal together on July 12. The food was excellent having chosen two main entrees from a banquet menu. Everyone enjoyed the great food and fast, friendly service. I thought the preservice phone arrangements were very helpful and accommodating, having to create this event from far away. Everything was on time for our meal and we all had no problem getting onto our next event as the service was excellent. Thank you Danny's staff.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jane F
Deep River, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable Evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Who makes home-made fries with fresh potatoes? Danny's! Last evening we joined our family in celebrating Father's Day for our Dad. The food was really good, huge portions and priced very reasonably. We would like to give special accolades to our servers, Renee and Joanne, who were very busy with a lot of diners, but still were extremely attentive to our table, They were really nice, knew the menu completely and tweaked our orders when requested with absolutely no problem. We have been there at other times and the servers (Wendy, Megan,and Nikki are all very personable, friendly, attentive, patient and all around wonderful. We have met one of the chefs, Steve, who is friendly, accommodating and talented, adding special little touches. Dan, one of the other chefs, also went beyond our expectations one day when preparing our lasagne. Their food is delicious. Having eaten there frequently, we have never had a bad experience. No sick tummies for us. Thank you everyone at Danny's..

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lynn_plus_Eric
Victoria, Canada
“The food sucks and the service is lacking.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

Ive gone to Danny's five times in 10 years and they do their best to get worse. The only saving grace is the breakfast service. If your going to go for lunch or dinner don't waste your money. For the prices on the menu I was shocked at how bad the food was.

The last time I was there in March 2013 I had the steak, which was my mis-steak. I asked for medium well and got rare, the salade lettuce was brown on the edges which is gross and the fries were tasteless. My wife didn't eat much of her dinner because it sucked and she wanted cheesecake for dessert. I know most restaurants use out of a box/pre made desserts, but I knew this was the thin saralee cheesecake that tastes like cardboard the moment it was placed on the table.

The server was slow and didn't even offer to bring a high chair for my 2 year old son. I had to go and find one and bring it to the table .

Overall, only come here for breakfast.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Stuart138
Petawawa, Ontario, Canada
“food poisoning”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

I have gone 3 times over a 20+ years and each time I had to go to the Doctor. for food poisoning. I even found a dead moth in my salad which the manager (despite seeing it himself!!) said was impossible.

1 Thank PetawawaRider