“Was quite impressed”

Comfort Inn Pickering
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pickering
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Since I was working on a job not far from the hotel this was a great option for me. It was convenient to a lot of restaurants, and there is a grocery store just down the street. The room had a fridge and microwave in it and was very clean when I checked in and had a nice flat screen tv. Although the hotel seemed like it was busy, I walked in without a reservation, and was able to get a room. The front desk clerks were very friendly and helpful with all the questions I asked. The night I arrived they were serving stew which was really good , and saved me on meal out. A really nice touch. They are also connected with a few restaurants in the area, where they offer a discount , which I used just down the street for the next few nights. They also have a nice breakfast in the morning, although not a full hot one , it was enough to get a start on the day.
I'm looking forward to going back to the hotel, in a few more weeks.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
10  Thank OnthegoMark

Reviewed 3 November 2011

We had a great time at this hotel while we stayed here. It was convient to our family we were visiting, and not far to the mall. It was a older hotel, but the room we stayed in looked to be updated from the other wing , was very nice. We stayed on the second floor and were worried about the sound of the highway , but it didn't bother us at all. The room was clean and smelled nice when we checked in. We always went down and chatted with the front desk girls at night after a day of sightseeing. and always had a laugh. They were very informative of the attractions in the area, and Toronto.
We only had one problem with our toliet, and a plunger was brought up for us soon as we called down . We didn't eat breakfast there, but took a peek in, and seemed very nice.
We have a very nice stay there.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
12  Thank George T
Reviewed 25 September 2011

the place is very old., we can smell the people smoking through the ventilation even in a non-smoking room. The "fitness center" is a joke, there are 2 treadmill and one bike all are like 20 years old. It feels more like a Super-8 than Comfort-Inn.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank bobo_cat40
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Coming in late from a wedding reception, my wife and I were bagged, and just wanted to get some sleep. I switched the air conditioning on low before we headed out, but when we got back in, the room was still pretty warm, so I turned the air con. up and we settled in with the sheets off while we waited for the room to cool down... Of course, it never did, and we were awake at 4am from the heat. I played around with the settings a few times, but gave up after 1/2 hour and tried to get back to sleep; we were too tired to lug our stuff to a new room in the wee hours of the morning, even if we were offered such.

We awoke at 6:30am to the sound of a small dog yapping constantly several doors down. Although this is a "pet-friendly" hotel, the policy clearly states that guests with pets are to be placed on the first floor, but we were on the second floor...

The breakfast room was far too small, with not enough tables, people bumping into each other to get at the meagre offerings, and the garbage bin overflowing...

As we were checking out, I of course mentioned the air con. and noise problems when prompted, but was offered no amendment, only questions about not getting another room. Who wants to get dressed, complain to the staff, fill out paperwork, pack, and then unpack all their stuff in the middle of the night? Good luck getting back to sleep after all that...

As we left out the "sorry for the inconvenience" door that was out of order when we tried to get in earlier that night, we vowed never to return, and would never again patronize this chain if we encountered similar problems at another location.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Flatfixer
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My husband and I have stayed here a number of times over the years and while the decor has improved the clientele had declined terribly! While the staff are friendly enough, on the last 2 occasions I made complaints about excessive noise and nothing was done. On the 1st occasion there was a bus load of college basketball players in 2 room "celebrating" until all hours of the night, there was a "domestic" in the hallway. When I called the front desk they said they would look into it and the noise continued. On the second occasion, the guests next door were blaring music, on the other side of the hall there was a very loud couple engaged in what sounded like alley cat coitus and subsequently breaking up 3 or 4 times during the night in the hallway... When I went to the front desk to complain I was told to speak to the manager who surprise was not there on a Sunday morning... Not to mention (although just the last time) there were cobwebs all over even on the pillows and the bathroom had rust all over the sink. I hope this establishment improves as we enjoy the convenience.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank huskymtl
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Easy in/out, dog friendly...no problems. If dog people could be picky, this would be a longer bit.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Yesandnomads
Reviewed 27 April 2011

I stayed here for several nights. The rooms are what you would expect for the price range. This is a 2 star hotel/motel so it's not exactly a romantic getaway. However, everything was very clean and the staff did an amazing job fixing up the room every morning. The hotel staff are always smiling and very nice. This is a perfect place to stay for a stopover, but there isn't much to do in the area. There are smoking rooms here so sometimes the halls smell like smoke, but the non smoking room I had was fine. The only thing I felt would make this hotel more convenient is if printing was free.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank lobsterlover21
kids2play, General Manager at Comfort Inn Pickering, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2011

Thank you for taking the time to complete an on line review. I appreciate your comments and I will be sure to share them with our team. I hava taken note of your comments about the smoke smell in the hallways and we will react to this situation. We look forward to a visit from you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pickering
Quality Suites
#3 of 7 in Whitby
Scarborough
Holiday Inn Express Toronto East
Scarborough
Best Western Plus Executive Inn

Been to Comfort Inn Pickering? Share your experiences!