Just spend our weekend at Sherwood Inn and had an amazing time. The first thing that we noticed was the amazing smell of the firewood in the pit outside which sets the mood right and one feels so close to nature. Like some one else mentioned that the Inn does look a bit rustic from the outside but it has absolutely immaculate interior, the rooms are clean and have all the basic amenities.
The staff was great and hospitable, we had the buffet breakfast which was great, plenty of options. Chef made eggs Benedict for us which was great, my two daughters were treated by the chef with strawberries and chocolates which they enjoyed.
The availability of skis and snow shoes at no extra cost is great to explore the lake Joseph area and we saw a lot of couples and families out and about. One small thing, the Hot tub is a little on the side and when we went on Saturday the shower was closed, possibly because of the weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among towering century-old pines at the very edge of Muskoka's sparkling Lake Joseph, Sherwood Inn is a retreat unlike any other. Our charming, authentically Muskoka Inn has 49 rooms and cottages with over 80% of our rooms facing Lake Joseph. We offer a unique and memorable experience for every guest looking to escape to Muskoka. We are well known for our fine cuisine, fine wine selections and superior service. Book a memory filled conference/meeting/retreat/reunion. Golf at two of ClubLink's championship courses - Lake Joseph Club or Rocky Crest Golf Club (just a 15 minute drive.) Among the most authentic Ontario Inns, each guestroom and cottage suite at the Sherwood Inn is decorated to reflect the traditional character of Muskoka, and is complete with every modern convenience you would expect. Many rooms feature cozy wood-burning fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. Open year round for groups, 7 days a week May through October and weekends only November to April. Sherwood Inn guests can enjoy abundant on-site activities as well many Port Carling Attractions. Visitors to our elegant Inn at Lake Joseph experience gracious hospitality, luxurious pampering, and absolute tranquility. Plan a relaxing getaway today and experience life at one of the most majestic Ontario Inns. Find out why we say...visit us once, love us forever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sherwood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Sherwood Hotel Port Carling
- Delta Port Carling
- Port Carling Delta
- Sherwood Inn Port Carling, Ontario - Muskoka District