Shamrock Lodge
Sherwood Inn(Port Carling)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$156
Crestwood Inn(Port Carling)
TripAdvisor
Duff's Cottages(Port Carling)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbryant familykids clubwater skiingfamily vacationall agesbird showfantastic familythe entire staffsanta's villagevacation spotpontoon ridespaddle boardscamp fireother gueststhe entire weekentire familyread a book
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Our stay was amazing. Our children, ages five and two, had a fantastic time. The staff in particular were incredible. They do a great job of hiring students who are enthusiastic about their jobs and care about the guests, especially the kids. Be sure to budget for tips because these young men and women deserve them!

While Shamrock is not a luxury resort, the rooms are clean and well kept. However, we were hardly ever in our room except to sleep and shower. The property has a wonderful beach with a long shallow area perfect for young children. There is also a deeper area for jumping off the dock or the water trampoline. Between Kid's Club, tubing, the tennis/basketball court, boat rides, etc. there are more than enough activities to fill the day.

Breakfast and dinner are served in the main house dining area. Lunch is casual and served on the patio so there's no need to shower or dress in the middle of the day. Next year we will pack our picnic blanket for days we can't grab a table on the patio, or prefer to eat lunch in the sun.

Finally...and I don't know how they do it...but the lodge seems to attract wonderful guests as well. Everyone was friendly and easy going. Perhaps that's because we were all having such a good time!

3  Thank Heather M
Shammylodge, Owner at Shamrock Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Thank-you so much for your review. We do try to hire students who show lots of enthusiasm. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2012

This time traveling with my family, my wife and son Andreas (6). Our goal was to discover the area north of Toronto, have a relaxing vacation at the lakes and maybe see the area.

We vent to Santa’s Village one day, but the rest of the week we just stayed at Shamrock – and we had a fantastic vacation in every aspect.

The Shamrock lodge is a place like no other, as I said to Tim “I felt that we visited him and his family for a week” it never felt like a hotel, it was much more than that.

Off course we had the very nice rooms with a good view where we could retire to and relax, but we spend most of our time on the lawn or in the lake.

Me and Andreas did it all, canoe, kayak, water cycle, big boat, small boat, paddle board – and off course a lot of swimming.

And every morning when Tim brought the “professional boat” out we did water skiing and tubing.

( I often gain a few holiday pounds, but I didn’t a Shamrock – we were too busy having fun.

The Shamrocks arrange small events every day, and they were all fantastic. I know we experienced one that was a "one off", but I still want to highlight the oyster tasting as outstanding. I love oysters, and like the French, but love the Danish. But the ones I got from Canada beat both of them. Complex and rich in taste but quite big too.

The night with Carol Crawford singing was really great and intimate, and Tim – an applause for your friend with the birds of prey - amazing!

If you read this, also thanks to the wonderful people who also visited Shamrock the same week as we did – I hope it is not too hard being back at work ;-)

All in all we had a fantastic week at Shamrock – and I can truly recommend the place it is one of a kind!

All the best
Jesper

3  Thank DKfoodandwine
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We had heard of Shamrock Lodge because my sister's family went there and loved it last summer. So - we went with high expectations - and they were met (and exceeded).

The location was wonderful; housing units great; beach clean; lots and lots to do in the water and around the resort.

The food was too good, if that is possible - we didn't want to stop eating. The staff were wonderful - the friendliest we have met anywhere.

We also wanted to commend Tim (one of the owners I believe) for his outstanding energy to all the guests; and Gary who looked after us for an hour to get a boat part on Day One, he went above and beyond. Saw deer and a baby black bear.

Thanks for a super time and see you in the Fall !!

Room Tip: Being close to the water is very handy for when you need to run back to your room to get things like a book or towel.
3  Thank WornOutSuitcase
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This was our first visit,we had our two grand children (11 &12) with us,they were well looked after at the Kids club,and made many freinds,we had a nice relaxing holliday, and the food was exelent hope to return some time soon.

4  Thank George C
Reviewed 22 July 2012

It was our first holiday at Shamrock Lodge. We stayed in the Pinewood complex. The Bryant family and staff are to be commended for a job well done. It's an excellent team. Lots to do, wonderful clean beach and water park. The lodge We believe is one of Muskoka's finest.Well done Gary, Tim and staff! John D. St Catharines ON

Room Tip: Upper floor Pinewood is great!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple