“Corporate Event”
Review of Shamrock Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Carling
Shamrock Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port Carling
Mississauga, Canada
“Corporate Event”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

After attending my company's team building event recently at Shamrock Lodge, I can understand why this location has been selected to hold events on three different occasions for our company.

The location is in beautiful Muskoka. The food is amazing, the staff was always helpful and incredibly responsive to every request, no matter how big or small. They are willing to do whatever they can to make your experience the best it can be and they never stop smiling.

The various rooms are spacious, very clean and most have wonderful views of the Lake. Our hosts the Bryant family offered boat rides and various other activities for all of our team to enjoy. The property is spacious making it easy for those who want some quiet time to find a cozy place to read a book, while those who want to remain active have plenty of activities to entertain themselves.

I would recommend this location to all those who want to get away to beautiful Muskoka. The Bryant family make all of their guests feel like they are staying with friends and family instead of a hotel. The facility is a great place for a family vacation and it was perfect for our corporate team. I look forward to going back either for future Corporate events or simply to book a room for my family to enjoy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Letourneau
Shammylodge, Owner at Shamrock Lodge, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
My family and I love your review. I have told all our staff what you said about them too. They really appreciate it. Companies that choose us for their retreat or meeting spot get the Exclusive Use of the Lodge along with personalized service that goes along way in todays world. The bigger Resorts are very nice, but it is hard for those properties to make people feel like they are at home or at the cottage. The personal touch again is so important and of course the location and attention to details too. We are hoping that more companies will give us a try and see if they like the smaller and more intimate feeling that Shamrock gives each person while they are here. Your review will hopefully encourage other companies to give us a try, thanks for all the nice things you said about us. Sincerely, Tim Bryant and family and staff..........

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Bracebridge, Canada
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We are Senior couple who have had 3 mini stays at Shamrock, we live fairly close by
and are somewhat hampered for travelling because of my husbands mobility issues.
Here we are relaxed, well looked after and enjoy every minute.
We enjoywatching young families having an incredible time, this is a real family oriented
vacation spot.
The Bryants and their staff are the BEST!!!!

Room Tip: We prefer Pinewoods, all beautiful views of the lake, and we prefer the lower units
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cynthia D
Shammylodge, Owner at Shamrock Lodge, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thanks Cynthia for such a kind review. We love having seniors here. It nice to hear how much you two enjoy watching the family's have a good time. I am sure each time you come you meet people that are interested in you two as well. I am glad you don't have to go to far to enjoy yourselves. And we look forward to hosting you again soon. Take Care, Tim Bryant and family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Second trip to Shamrock Lodge for my family. We knew after the first trip we would be returning. Great staff, great food, relaxed atmosphere and beautiful scenery. I would recommend this lodge for anyone looking to spend time with family and friends.

Room Tip: Call the office and discuss your preferences. Susan is extremely helpful.
1 Thank JAFC221100
Shammylodge, Owner at Shamrock Lodge, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all the nice things you said. We will look forward to your next visit and hopefully this review will let other family's know Shamrock is a great place to spend time with family and friends..... The Bryant family and staff...
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Our family of five (Mom, Dad and three daughters, ages 12, 10, and 6) visited Shamrock from August 10th to the 17th, inclusive. It was fantastic from arrival to departure, being warmly greeted by the staff (everyone seemed to know our names within minutes, including other returning/veteran guests). The facility is perfect for families with all activities pretty much in sight of Mom & Dad whether they were in the water (great sandy beach and waterfront) or in the playground or on the shuffleboard. The kids loved the free access to the kayaks, paddle boats, canoes and sail boat...and especially looked forward to the daily tubing on the lake with Tim the owner. Tim even invited the girls to ride in the power boat for most of the afternoon while the other kids took their turns on the water skis or tube.

The meals were great with set meal times and enough choices to satisfy anyone...and delicious! The dining room is cozy and bright, with great views of Lake Rosseau. Lunches were taken on the patio, also by the lake (usually BBQ etc.). That made it extra special for my wife so there was no need to prepare meals. We kept extra snacks in the room's fridge for afternoons or evenings, with enough space for Mom and Dad's martini supplies enjoyed each afternoon on the unit's shaded deck before dinner.

We stayed in the Tree House, a large lodge with two main floor bedrooms, and a master in the loft. The living area was spacious with a great leather couch with reclining end chairs for stretching out. It was perfect for our family of five and, I understand, is in high demand. The Bryant's recently added a deck to the front of the Tree House with an awning, and had a great view of the lake...perfect for hanging out at the end of the day.

The activities were well organized and gave families options for how they wished to spend their day. Evening entertainment was excellent with local solo artists, a birds of prey show, a kids magic show and Friday's fireworks display. Oh...and they have a great massage offering on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week. My wife is a certified RMT and she said it was the best massage she ever had.

The Bryants and staff are great hosts making the stay thoroughly enjoyable. You can tell they take great pride in their resort and great pleasure in their guests. We had a great cottage resort experience...every day. It was perfect.

Our kids were quick to ask that we come back next year. Asked what they liked best, our 6 year old said, "Everything!". So, we've already booked for the Tree House, same time next year. Can't wait!

Room Tip: If you have a family of size, I recommend the Tree House or Kelly House. Both are in high demand, s...
2 Thank Tim S
Shammylodge, Manager at Shamrock Lodge, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
We're so glad that your family had such a great first visit and are anxious to come back next year. We hope this is the start of a yearly family tradition that will carry on for a long time.

See you next summer!

The Bryant family and staff
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This was my second visit to Shamrock Lodge. I enjoyed my first visit despite spending a week chasing two toddlers across the property and if you have travelled with toddlers, you understand that the place must have been special if I still had a really good time! This time, my kids were 7 and 9 and Shamrock Lodge really hit the sweet spot for travelling with kids. When my kids are happy, I tend to really be able to enjoy my holiday too. My kids learned to waterski, went tubing, swam in the indoor pool and the lake and made a bunch of new friends as well. They also loved the kid-friendly menu options which is always a pleasant surprise for my 7 seven year old. The staff were friendly and regularly went way above the call of duty to make sure each of us was enjoying our stay. I had a great time on this holiday and would definitely go back again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Shamrock. We've learned over the years that if the kids are happy, the parents are happier and more relaxed!

We'll look forward to seeing you next year.

The Bryant Family and staff
Toronto
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I usually never write reviews, but in this case I have to. We enjoyed our week at Shamrock Lodge. I would especially recommend it for anyone travelling with kids. The kids club kept our older daughter busy all day, she enjoyed a lot and made new friends. The staff as well as the other guests were very helpful and nice. I personally enjoyed trying out new things in this encouraging environment. I went for water skiing for the first time and sailing and enjoyed both of it. Last not least the food was excellent. This was the first but most probably not our last trip to Shamrock Lodge.

1 Thank Sascha369
Shammylodge, Manager at Shamrock Lodge, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're glad you got to experience what Shamrock is really about - spending time as a family, feeling at home in the lodge, experiencing new things and making new friends.

We hope to see you back next summer to do it all over again!

The Bryant Family and Staff
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My husband and I chose this place for our son and daughter who are in their preteens. They had an absolutely wonderful time and would love to go again. The staff are all wonderful and the food is amazing! Unfortunately, we found it to be overpriced. I wish other people who reviewed Shamrock also told you the following things:
1. You can tube or water ski once per day at selected times and $10 to do both
2. The pop is not free, it costs $1.75
3. There is a fridge in every room and 2 fans. You have to pay extra for a/c
4. If your kids want to go somewhere, its extra $ (Santas village, pottery)
5. All inclusive eating means you eat at 830, 12:30 and 6:30 (bring snacks cause you cant get anything to eat until the scheduled meal times)

Hope other people find the review helpful and we are giving information that we wished we had before booking this expensive getaway for 5 days.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
13 Thank L G
Thank you for posting your review. We are glad that your family had a great time and want to come back, but we're sorry you feel we are over-priced. Our rates are quite competitive with the few resorts in the area that still offer all meals and all of the amenities that are included in our packages. Meal times are set up at specific times to work around our kids club hours and the activities we have during the day. Evening entertainment is provided most nights at no cost to our guests but there are a few off-property events that do cost extra and that is always indicated on the sign up sheets so there are no surprises.

We hope you still found great value in your stay and hope you fondly remember the fun memories of your family vacation. We hope we get to see you next summer.

The Bryant Family and Staff
Windermere House Resort & Hotel
Rocky Crest Golf Resort
Rocky Crest Golf Resort
#22 of 55 in Muskoka District

Been to Shamrock Lodge? Share your experiences!