“OMF'nG”
Review of Shamrock Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Carling
Shamrock Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port Carling
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I loved this place. the Bryant family are excellent hosts and the facility is fantastic.
If you are looking for the Four Seasons, this is not your place. If you are looking for a clean, well maintained, well stocked Lodge with fantastic service and great food, this is your place.

5 of us stayed in both sides of the Driftwood cabin. The screened-in porch is the KEY to this cabin. Its like having a bug free, outdoor living room. The fire-pit is well stocked with wood and kindling and became our evening gathering post. I will say though, if i had to say something bad about this place, the fire poker was inferior, please upgrade to cast iron.

Will be booking again for next year. Keep up the great work at Shamrock

Room Tip: The Drifwood Cabin served us very well
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Shammylodge, Manager at Shamrock Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thanks for posting your review Howard....we really appreciate it. And we apologize for our delay in responding. The pictures are great and hopefully you'll be back next year to have another great guys weekend.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I recently stayed at Shamrock lodge for an event. The staff was friendly and professional and the location was lovely. I should also mention the food was very tasty. I am hoping to return with my family next time. Thank you for a lovely experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Shammylodge, Manager at Shamrock Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you so much for the review. We'd love to have you bring your family here....call us anytime!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

The view was amazing from our balcony. The room was rustic but clean and very spacious and I slept well. I made use the hot tub and pool facilities and it too was well maintained and comfortable. It was winter and there was a ton of snow and my colleague took advantage of the snowshoeing and X-country ski trails. The food was far too plentiful and tasty. However the service was bar none the charm of the Shamrock. It is run by the Bryant family and their staff who were so hospitable and helpful that I felt like I belonged within hours. In fact they even boosted my car at the end of my stay as it would not start.

I imagine that the summer would be even more lovely with the water rippling...perhaps another time.

Room Tip: Stayed on the second floor of the large motel style building with a balcony overlooking the water (i...
1  Thank Lissa G

It's been a while since you wrote this lovely review, but we wanted to make sure we said thank you - even though it's a few months later. Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have used the Shamrock for 10+ years for corporate retreats, and just stayed there for a family winter weekend. It was great to be home! Tim and his team always do a fantastic job, and this past weekend was no different.

One of the reasons I like The Shamrock so much is that it is about family hosting family…even when it's a business meeting. It is small and intimate, and the service is personal, warm and fantastic. Our business meetings almost always meant we had the place to ourselves, and so we didn't get lost in a huge facility and we didn't have to share with other groups. Our group was the focus and we had privacy when we needed it, and great service when we needed that. Even when there was another group there, we had everything we needed.

My recent experience with my family was just as special. And it was just the winter wonderland getaway we wanted.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Beth A

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Our apologies for taking so long to respond but it's because we've been busy with so many familiar smiling faces, just like yours! Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

A bit late writing this... We stayed at Shamrock Lodge over the New Year as a corporate retreat for my husband and a couple fellow coworkers, as well as we had our families with us. The staff can't be beat at the lodge! Tim and his family welcomed us like we were part of theirs, and the staff were friendly and helpful. Our family stayed in the Treehouse, which we also used as the base for my husbands meetings. It was beautiful, large and clean. The meals were excellent - kudos to the chefs! There were plenty of activities for the children including ice skating, tobogganing, cross country skiing, swimming, games room and more. New Years was a fantastic night with a lovely meal, dj and dancing, and fireworks. Also a fire for the children to roast marshmallows. I could go on and on as I really can't say enough good things about Shamrock Lodge! We will definitely be back (hopefully in the summer), and I would recommend this lodge to anyone.

1  Thank JTinCanada
Shammylodge, Owner at Shamrock Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

We loved meeting your family over New Year's and glad everyone had such a great time. This is one of the best winters in a long time and it's nice when we get to share it with such great people. Hopefully we'll see you back in the summer so you can enjoy both seasons at Shamrock.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Had a great Northern New Years. Weather was very cold but hospitality was great. Lots to do indoor swimming pool, hot tub, ice rink on the lake, even tried cross country skiing. Meals where fantastic and the Lodge very warm and comfortable. We had a great time at the New Years party and dance complete with fireworks on the lake. Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank linda h
Shammylodge, Owner at Shamrock Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Linda, Thanks for the comments on your visit with us over New Year's.. New Years is a very special time. And we try to make it special for all our guests. The cold weather didn't stop the activities and everyone had a great time. 2014 marks our 34th year owning and operating Shamrock Lodge and we love to see guests from all ages enjoy what is has to offer. Please come again and thanks for posting your experience with us during that special time of year.... Cheer's..... Tim and family....

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I would recommend this lodge to anyone that is looking for a nice peaceful heaven away from home. The whole staff are friendly, the location is clean and the food is great. We wend there in winter and they had set-up an abundance of activities for the kids. Thanks to Tim and his staff for this great vacation!

2  Thank 888PierreA

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on my family's Resort. I have always said treat people the way you would want to be treated. And that is what we do here at the Shamrock. I have said it many times, Shamrock is a home away from home. Getting to know people on a first name basis, and actually getting to know your guests. Where are they from and what do they do for a living. This is the nice thing about owning a small and intimate place like Shamrock. We enjoy what we do and are glad to hear our guests can see it and feel the warmth of the Welcome. Hope to see you all again soon. Sincerely, Tim Bryant and family and staff.......

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Carling
Windermere House Resort & Hotel
Rocky Crest Golf Resort
Rocky Crest Golf Resort
#29 of 56 in Muskoka District

Been to Shamrock Lodge? Share your experiences!