“Thanks for a Spectacular Meal!”
Review of Medora Muskoka Cuisine - CLOSED

Medora Muskoka Cuisine
Cuisines: International, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I had a fabulous meal at Medora beginning with the warm and friendly greeting (even when we were 1 hour late for our reservation), the elegant atmosphere, and the attentive service. The crowning glory however was the amazing food.

I had just struggled through a 2 hour highway closure and traffic detour on a busy Friday night cottage commute however the stress of that evaporated within a minute of arriving at Medora. As we began our starter salads we were so amused by the enthusiastic comments continuously being expressed by the patrons around us. All we kept hearing from every table was "This is fantastic!" and "You have to try this!". People from different tables were striking up conversations about their meals with each other! And this is why......FLAVOUR!!!

I consider salads to be my penance for overindulging later in the meal as they so often are boring, lacking in interesting flavours or textures, but healthy. I ordered the Sagamy salad and my husband chose the Toasted Artichoke and Chick Pea salad. They were both so flavourful and full of interesting textures and ingredients we kept sampling each other's plates! Soon we were joining in the symphony of pleasurable comments.

The main course choices were varied and interesting. While my husband tried the Mushroom and Kale Pappardelle, I stuck with the the safe choice of salmon. We were both happily amazed that neither choice was "same old". The pasta was perfectly el dente and blended with a rich and deeply flavourful mushroom sauce that surpassed any meal I have had in Italy! (Yes I shared a good portion of my husband's meal). My salmon was deeply infused with a citrus flavour, served over a delicious bed of rice "ragout" and sinfully topped with rich orange nutmeg butter. It was decadent but I didn't care!!!

I don't know how I found room for dessert but the mason jar selections were just too fun to pass up. How could I not be curious about the Lemon and Champagne Syllabub? It was divine! And the Medora coffee was unlike any flavoured coffee I have ever had. Definitely worth losing a night's sleep!

We were so pleased with our experience at Medora that when our company from Europe arrives next week we will be proud to showcase Muskoka with a meal at Medora! Thank you!

1  Thank Brenda M
Craig A, Owner at Medora Muskoka Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such an extensive review. The feedback is greatly appreciated. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your evening so much, and we were able to make the stress of a bad commute disappear. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Medora Muskoka Cuisine

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Glad to see that this restaurant has not changed from the original "Rebecca's" it's every bit as good if not better!
The flat bread is to die for and worth the calories!
We will go back for sure and would highly recommend it.

1  Thank Ann34618

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant and for the great feedback! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Formerly Rebecca's, Medora is a refreshing update to an old standard. The food is excellent. With a focus on freshness, preparation, and healthy combinations, Medora's chef has found the right ingredients to satisfy every pallet. The Cod was outstanding, the cheese fondue with fresh apple a brilliant combination. The wine list seemed well balanced, although it will take a few more visits to get a good sampling.the decor gas been updated and is elegant, bright and refreshing. If you are looking for an outstanding restaurant, with excellent food and service - this is the place. Prices are commensurate with the quality. This restaurant is excellent.

2  Thank Peter H

Thanks for the great feedback! So glad you enjoyed your evening with us and we hope to see you again soon!