“Great Evening Out!”
Review of Medora Muskoka Cuisine - CLOSED

Medora Muskoka Cuisine
Cuisines: American, Canadian, International
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Evening Out!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Visiting Rebecca's Restaurant is an annual thing for my family and I each year when we make a trip to Canada to our family cottage. We were disappointed to discover that it had closed but happy to find Medora had replaced it. My husband and I took my inlaws and my sister in law and her husband here recently and really enjoyed the experience! The only negative thing I can say is that initially the service was slow - it took way too long for our server to take our drink orders and then get them to us. Awkwardly slow actually. This can be overlooked considering the restaurant is new. I'm sure once it's established and the servers and other staff get acclimated things should improve. The food was delicious though! Great selections and variety! We loved the lager cheese jalapeño soup appetizer (so good!!). Being from Texas I love jalapeños so this was a nice treat. Everyone loved their main courses and desserts were rich and amazing. Our server was friendly and professional and, other than service being a bit slow at first, everything was great. We did not feel rushed whatsoever and as a holistic nutritionist I appreciate the fact that the chef uses local, seasonal and organic ingredients when possible. I also love the fact that she uses duck fat to cook the steaks in. I highly recommend Medora restaurant and look forward to returning next summer. Delicious!!

1 Thank Gailygirl123

Bielefeld, Germany
“Medora is not Rebecca's”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Sorry guys. We visited you once and will do it again within the next week.
The first impression was not the best.
If you serve a cheese fondue, you should know how to make it.
You caught on to charge Muskoka prices, but have not yet understood, that word of mouth goes both ways.
Will come again for another experience.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Joerg W
Craig A, Owner at Medora Muskoka Cuisine, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We're sorry your experience wasn't what you expected, but we do appreciate another opportunity to deliver the evening you deserve.
Mississauga, Canada
“Thanks for a Spectacular Meal!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I had a fabulous meal at Medora beginning with the warm and friendly greeting (even when we were 1 hour late for our reservation), the elegant atmosphere, and the attentive service. The crowning glory however was the amazing food.

I had just struggled through a 2 hour highway closure and traffic detour on a busy Friday night cottage commute however the stress of that evaporated within a minute of arriving at Medora. As we began our starter salads we were so amused by the enthusiastic comments continuously being expressed by the patrons around us. All we kept hearing from every table was "This is fantastic!" and "You have to try this!". People from different tables were striking up conversations about their meals with each other! And this is why......FLAVOUR!!!

I consider salads to be my penance for overindulging later in the meal as they so often are boring, lacking in interesting flavours or textures, but healthy. I ordered the Sagamy salad and my husband chose the Toasted Artichoke and Chick Pea salad. They were both so flavourful and full of interesting textures and ingredients we kept sampling each other's plates! Soon we were joining in the symphony of pleasurable comments.

The main course choices were varied and interesting. While my husband tried the Mushroom and Kale Pappardelle, I stuck with the the safe choice of salmon. We were both happily amazed that neither choice was "same old". The pasta was perfectly el dente and blended with a rich and deeply flavourful mushroom sauce that surpassed any meal I have had in Italy! (Yes I shared a good portion of my husband's meal). My salmon was deeply infused with a citrus flavour, served over a delicious bed of rice "ragout" and sinfully topped with rich orange nutmeg butter. It was decadent but I didn't care!!!

I don't know how I found room for dessert but the mason jar selections were just too fun to pass up. How could I not be curious about the Lemon and Champagne Syllabub? It was divine! And the Medora coffee was unlike any flavoured coffee I have ever had. Definitely worth losing a night's sleep!

We were so pleased with our experience at Medora that when our company from Europe arrives next week we will be proud to showcase Muskoka with a meal at Medora! Thank you!

1 Thank Brenda M
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such an extensive review. The feedback is greatly appreciated. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your evening so much, and we were able to make the stress of a bad commute disappear. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Sarasota, Florida
“Great local spot for a special dinner”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Glad to see that this restaurant has not changed from the original "Rebecca's" it's every bit as good if not better!
The flat bread is to die for and worth the calories!
We will go back for sure and would highly recommend it.

1 Thank Ann34618
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant and for the great feedback! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
“New Owners Hit a Homerun”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Formerly Rebecca's, Medora is a refreshing update to an old standard. The food is excellent. With a focus on freshness, preparation, and healthy combinations, Medora's chef has found the right ingredients to satisfy every pallet. The Cod was outstanding, the cheese fondue with fresh apple a brilliant combination. The wine list seemed well balanced, although it will take a few more visits to get a good sampling.the decor gas been updated and is elegant, bright and refreshing. If you are looking for an outstanding restaurant, with excellent food and service - this is the place. Prices are commensurate with the quality. This restaurant is excellent.

2 Thank Peter H
Thanks for the great feedback! So glad you enjoyed your evening with us and we hope to see you again soon!