“great place”

Harbourlite Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 47 Restaurants in Port Elgin
“great place”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

although it gets very busy and quite loud, the staff are all lovely people who are always polite and smiling. The young waitresses do a great job serving customers. The food is good and the service is great. I will continue to go to the Harbourlite every summer that I vacation here. The home-made burgers are fantastic, and they serve an astonishing breakfast. It is an amazing restaurant. They have a daily dinner special every night which is delicious, especially the ribs.

• Visited July 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't bother”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

First of all what establishment runs out of everything on the first day open for 2013....upon entering the building there was a Mulleted woman screaming at the 12 year old slave labour kids in the kitchen about how she could not remember their names....and upon taking our order her short attention span kicked into overdrive and had to ask us again what we wanted and then the chaos set in...there were employees wandering around laughing and texting and the ice cream counter was bidding on who gets the last scoop of vanilla ice cream and all the while there was a older man folding silverware napkins doing nothing but heckling an old man about ketchup he had spilt. There is no leadership here..no hair nets or clean tables. And no ice cream. And when I was informed there was no buns left for my burger I demanded my money back and was asked if I Wanted a hot dog instead....I said no and was refunded my money where I went to union burger and was treated very well....alot were there at union burger because they had buns and great burgers.... Goto union burger they have all you need..

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank onemanwolf
“Unorganized and uncomfortable.”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We went in at 3:30pm for a quick bite to eat it was total chaos behind the service counter. People were waiting on food that was never made the loud woman taking money kept insisting it wasent her fault. They were running out of product we were asked to change items we had ordered on two occasions with regards to food we had ordered. The loud woman was very UN-nerving. I understand it's the 1st long weekend of the year but I'm paying for meal there are certain expectations that go along with that. Burgers were very tiny for the $4.65 that we paid for 2 cheeseburgers there was no cheese for our poutines at $5.25 each. Pickle spears were good as well as battered mushrooms. I could have left the rest fries were half raw and not very well cooked.

• Visited May 2013
Kincardine, Canada
“only excepts cash”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

good food good home cooking just remember the only payment they accept is cash. And the homemade buggers take 30 min to cook and they surve local meat.

Visited October 2012
Guelph, Canada
“Home Cooking”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This place is very good home cooking with daily specials,the homemade fries are very very good we all loved them.Very good variety of ice cream.The best part its write on the beach.We will be back.

Visited July 2012