“Terrible Service, Ignorant Staff”
Review of Wismer House

Wismer House
Ranked #13 of 50 Restaurants in Port Elgin
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was staying in Port Elgin and the place looked good so went for dinner and drinks. It wasn't very busy when we arrived and ordered but then started filling up.....Every table that arrived after us was served and their dinners finished before ours arrived after over an hour and a half wait. When it did arrive, I was so angry I told them to take it back, I was no longer hungry. The main bar tender then brought it back again and started t argue with us that their terrible service was justified because they'd got busy. I refused to pay for the meal, payed for our drinks and left. ...A seriously terrible dining experience.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Visited this long standing restaurant in the community for wings and I wish I hadn’t. The wings were very over cooked to the point of being burnt... wasn’t able to eat them. The grounds around the building make me question what the kitchen looks like. Very cluttered with garbage and junk all around the back side of the building and the kitchen staff smoke just outside the kitchen door. Noticed the kitchen staff handling garbage to take out to the dumpster and then go back into the kitchen likely to prepare a meal. It always looks unkept and dirty on the outside. Will likely pick another spot in town as my go to for a night out.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Stop here almost every time we visit Goderich. Love the patio in the summer (actually can see the lake). Food is always good as well as the service. Keep up the good work

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Great place for casual lunch/dinner and to shoot some pool. Excellent service. Great pub food with a differance, not afraid to step outside the box with ingredients/combinations, which is nice for a change. Best quesadillas I've had outside of Spain/Mexico. Charcuterie platter had a lovely variety and big enough for 2.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Great place to have some wings, shoot some pool and have a few drinks with friends. Delicious wings. Best patio in town!