“World class fish and chips”

Lord Elgin Fish & Chips
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Port Elgin
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Lord Elgin Fish & Chips is a family owned business that opened in Port Elgin in 1980. In March 2013 we were voted as 2nd best fish & chips in Canada, by Canadian Living Magazine. We specialize in hand cut halibut and fresh cut fries, or all you can eat haddock Mondays and Tuesdays.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This restaurant received an award as the third best fish and chips in Canada. The live up to their reputation.

There are newer reviews for Lord Elgin Fish & Chips

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

After hearing that Lord Elgin was rated 2nd best fish and chips in Canada, I stopped for dinner here after a day in town.

There was a lineup to get a table and we ended up waiting, eagerly I might add, for about 15 minutes. Once seated our waitress attended to us in a courteous fashion. I settled on French Onion soup while my date ordered cheese garlic bread to start off. Both were good, but nothing special- except the generous amount of cheese on the soup! Definitely a plus!

Then came our fish and chips! We both had cod, mine was a dinner with a simple coleslaw and a dinner roll. The fish was incredible. Perfectly done with a light and crispy batter- it lived up to it's rating and my expectation.

The Lord Elgin is a gem of a spot to have fish and chips and the best I've ever had. Nothing fancy on the menu and the décor is outdated marine themed but don't let that stop you from coming to The Lord Elgin!

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Omg! Biting into this halibut is like a taste of heaven. The fish is "meaty" with no fishy taste at all. Fries are served without salt. You can use the pickup desk to order take out ala Swiss Chalet style. A must for any visit to Port Elgin.

1  Thank World_Traveller_Joe
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Personally I hate fish, or I should say,
I am very picky and don't cook fish at home. But, I eat here often as their fish is not greasy, it is light and delicious! I recently went to Ireland, one would think seaside fish and chips in Ireland would be great....well I couldn't eat it there after being spoilt by Port Elgin fish and chips. Best ever

1  Thank Liz Y
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Voted best in Canada we all can taste why so good. The all you can eat fish nights are so good and well worth the dollar. Fresh made fires and French Onion soup excellent. Service quick and very friendly staff that are always very eager to serve you. Warning go once guaranteed you will return.Thanks Lord Elgin for an awesome food experience in beautiful Port Elgin. See you soon we all can't wait for are next visit