“Clean With Good Service”
Review of Wimpy's Diner

Wimpy's Diner
Ranked #31 of 77 Restaurants in Port Hope
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We were in the Wimpy's Diner in Port Hope on Saturday November 2, 2013 and our experience was exemplary. There were three of us and the service was fast and friendly with good food. We could not help but notice how clean the place looked, including the washrooms, based on what we noticed about a year ago. One of the other customers next to us said oh there is a new owner that has taken over. My wife had breakfast and commented on how good the home fries are. We will be in Port Hope more often now and certainly will be eating at Wimpys. By the way the roast beef diner was superb. The only thing we noted was that the waitress did not ask us if we wanted desert.

2  Thank Garry B

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I have been going to Wimpy's for years. I've noticed the management changed and the employees don't seem as cheerful.
After waiting about 40 min for a simple meal, that was made wrong, the waitresses apologized and said unfortunately she can't do anything. She would have to call her boss and get him to speak to me. I had already waited 40 min for my meal and didn't want to wait longer for another meal or a call from her boss.
I was charged full price for a meal I didn't eat. I've talked to some of the employees and it seems that saving money is more important then customer server there.
I am going to take my business where it is appreciated.

2  Thank Tom-kat0121
Reviewed 21 April 2013

When we walkwd in the place was empty. It was clean and the server was verry attentive. But sadly.. the good stops there. I order the roast beef.. my partner ordered a burger. The food came pretty fast but it was cold. Both plates. I sent mine back to be nuked..and it came back only slightly warmer. My partners burger was disgusting. Cold and it tasted like congeled fat minced up. My roast beef was leathery and had more fat than meat. The mashed potatoes... from a box.. or made out of the box. The only thing that made it edible was the gravy. My partner returned his meal and thankfully he didn't get any problems. However the server did say that they've never had a burger returned before... which I find hard to believe...

3  Thank princessluci
Reviewed 9 March 2013

This Wimpy's is the bomb! We came in to a restaurant that was almost full, and expected to wait a while for our meals. The serving staff was fantastic, and we didn't have to wait as long as expected for our meals. I think our waitress's name was Michelle, but regardless she was fantastic! The atmosphere in the restaurant was great; all of the other patrons seemed to be having a great time shared with great people all eating great food, and the same went for us! It was amazing to see the cooks in the back having a blast (the girl in the pink hat and a tall guy in a red hat) dancing and singing, but still managing to produce quality meals in a timely fashion! We are from Montreal, and we will definitely make it a point of stopping in when we pass through again! Thank you for the great experience, and everyone keep up the great work!

Reviewed 7 February 2013

Went in wanting classic diner fare. Meal was disappointing. Overpriced for what we got. It was also freezing in the restaurant. The place was empty. Not the best location either. Have been to several other Wimpy's that I enjoyed much more.

1  Thank dlouden123