It is not hard for me to think of reasons to return to Tornado’s Motel and Cottages, and as much as I am an old pro for doing down time in cottage country:
1. The welcoming collection of pine trees that is a few stories tall at the entrance,
2. The driveway that takes us a few minutes to get through cleansing us instantly from what we want to leave behind (at least while we are on vacation),
3. The warm reception from the always cheerful Lidina (and her crew), who shared a jovial and yet philosophical statement that nobody at the cottage should be busy except the staff,
4. The delicious meal prepared by their handsome chef who looks like our adorable Josh Groban,
5. The country style setting both indoors and outdoors, bringing us city people right back to the embrace of nature,
6. The super clean room saved me from having to use my own sanitizers which I often do otherwise,
7. The relatively scenic, quiet and spacious family of lakes that are easily accessible by water,
8. The key-free rooms reinforcing the sense of safety,
9. The range of activities and prices accommodating visitors of diverse budgets and interests,
10. Within driving distance from fascinating landmarks, like North Bay’s park by Lake Nipissing, Killbear Provincial Park,
11. Waking up at 2.30 in the morning to finish the books that I signed out from Tornado’s small but yet very interesting collection and as I winded down from my busy schedule of outdoor functions at and close to Tornado’s.
If I have any suggestions, these would be: Staff gives a gentle reminder to visitors who get carried after midnight to enjoy themselves without compromising certain fellow visitors' comfort level; complete plan for providing daily room service to the motel without being prompted. However, the rooms for improvement are not criticisms. They are meant to be words of encouragement for the dedicated and hospitable staff to sustain their commendable service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tornado's Canadian Resorts is a vacation & fishing resort on the Pickerel River system just 3.5 h north of Toronto. There are two, three and five bedroom housekeeping waterfront cottages available. Nicely refurbished motel rooms on site. Fly-in full service meal plan or housekeeping outposts. Licensed restaurant & lounge. Winter packages with sauna & hot tub. Easily accessible via Highway 522 or snowmobile trail AR501. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Tornado's Canadian Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.