“Unbelievable this place makes money to stay open!!”
Review of The Mill Tales Inn

The Mill Tales Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Tillsonburg B&B and Inns
Leamington
“Unbelievable this place makes money to stay open!!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

A longer review would just reiterate what other large groups have encountered!! When you have to clear your own dishes after waiting 1.5 hours when there is only 2 dishes on the special menu - w only 2 plates coming at a time my family left to go to another family due before in laws got their meal. Meal was awful. You might as well bring your own drinks as some never received and I guess water in the table is too much to ask for. Only good thing about this restaurant is the location and a for sale sign which would hopefully result in new mgmt and staff!

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank East-Lynedoch
marleec742, Owner at The Mill Tales Inn, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Hello my name is Lauralee Craig ..my husband and I are the owners of the Mill.He built this mill to provide a nice atmosphere and venue for ppl to enjoy..Along with having a wedding last wk.and 2 events coupled with hiring 5 new ppl to keep up to an ever growing business. We have had a grueling wk ..Of course that is not the concern of our customers but what I dont understand is why no one came to myself or my husband to deal with ALL or any of your concerns.
We both would have addressed the problems and made sure you ALL left satisfied..
We take great pride in the building ...food ...accommodation and service at the mill and it truly was a 9 yr labour of love for the community to enjoy .We live here as well and its sad to think that you would want us to move out to make this a better place?..I would like if you would allow us to give you a gift card to show you we are NOT always running in the fashion you experienced on a date? Unknown ..
I would appreciate in all fairness if you gave our staff and our venue a change to show you that EVERYONE can have an "off" day .We have provided 35 jobs for the area and just hired 5 ..It takes time patience and work to get everyone up to the standard of which we are happy to provide our long standing loyal clientele.So in light of it all please consider contacting me so I may be given a chance to rectify the problem .Thank you for your time Lauralee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Simcoe, Canada
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My husband and I went on Friday evening for a 6pm reservation and were sat immediately. Staff are very friendly. Drinks were ordered but the waitress forgot to bring my water and I had to ask her 3X over the coarse of dinner before I got it. We had chicken wings, salad and the beef ribs. Dinner was very good and too much for me to eat so packed up leftovers. Service by our waitress was ok. but she needed to give more attention to our order and asking if things were ok. Everything seemed to come out at once. A good dining experience though and good view with the trees and nature out the big windows. We will go back again for sure.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 6roses18
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Last night I had dinner at Mill Tales. Dinner was good---not great--atmosphere was the issue. Owners were discussing year end business right behind us as we waited for our food and then ate. This came close to me walking out as a result. I understand discussions need to happen but please do not hold these discussions in front or near customers--it is very un professional. Sadly this is not the first time I have experienced this, but last night was the straw that broke the camels back--Use the office to discuss office matters, staff scheduling issues, staff hiring matters etc.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank ACM63

Travellers are raving about these Tillsonburg hotels

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Went in a Sunday for the Brunch,arrived about noonish and place was packed,most likely the Church goers etc... Had to wait about 15 mins as there was a good sized line up but they have a nice display if old nicnaks to look at,server took us to our Tavel which was in there patio over looking the river/creek...I thought that was a lottery win as the view was awesome,you can watch the ducks and see the odd fish in the river right from your Dining seat,waitress came up to us right Way and told us if we would like coffee to turn our cups upright,and to help ourselves to the Buffett....well off we went to a delious looking assortment if country style brunch items such as Fresh local DELICIOUS pickeral and perch and House style Fried Chicken and a yummy macaroni casserole of some kind,also there was nice fresh salads to choose from and all your breakfast stuff,scrambled eggs,bacon French toast,pancakes,yummy home fries and brown beans...then the DESSERT was very yummy also...homemade cheesecake and ruce pudding and lots if fresh fruit with a chocolate fountain to dress your dessert....We had all that and Orange juice and coffee is part of the deal for taxes and all under $30 dollars....Don't know why the negative reviews but there is always whiners that expect to be treated like royalty,just like going on all inclusive Vacations there are crybabies no matter where ever you go....I will be back and I will share this secret place with good friends that are looking for a great place to kill a couple of hours and enjoy good ole country cooking....mmmmmm mmmm...see ya soon

• Stayed February 2013
6 Thank Robbobbillybob
Reviewed 14 February 2013

The Mill Tales Inn put on a wonderful Buffet meal for 35 of my friends last week for a wonderful celebration! We had our own private banquet room down stairs. Everyone raved about the food which was a salad served to our table, Rotisserie Chicken, Pickeral, Roasted Red potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower and carrots in a cheese sauce and Cherry Cheesecake for dessert and coffee and tea~! Well done Chef Danielle! She is a delightful lady who was present for our serving and made sure we were all looked after. Server Jennifer did a great job managing the coffee/tea to our tables as well as the standing bar! She was attentive and very personable. These folks work hard on their communication with customers when event planning and it paid off!

Thank you for your contribution to making this birthday the best ever.
Shelly

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shellhugs
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Tillsonburg has a hidden gem, who would have thought. Going for a drive we stopped at Kelsey's for a bite to eat, and Keith was our server, (fun, fantastic personality, such an addition to Kelsey's and good server) when asked suggested we try the Inn. We have stayed at many places through out Ontario, high end and otherwise and this ranks in the top 3 of all the places we have stayed. The minute we walked through the door, Laura made us feel right at home. The rooms amazing and clean and just delightful, the food fantastic and the staff right on point. The view from the dining area so wonderful. The Mill Tales Inn is definitely a hidden gem and a must experience to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Samara S
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I have had nothing but great experiences here! I have gone for dinner 2 times and brunch once plus I had my wedding here! Every time the food was excellent (the fish and chips are the best I have ever had!) the only negative thing I can say is the place moves a bit slow, but honestly it wasn't a big deal. My wedding was fantastic! The owner and chef were both so helpful and did anything they could to make our day the best! We had a pretty tight budget, but they were able to accommodating it and still make a beautiful event! We and our guests booked all the rooms in the hotel and found the beds extremely comfortable, loved the personal keurig machines in each room, and the place has so much charm! My husband and I also took photos on the grounds and man that place is gorgeous! Two of my bridesmaids were vegan and one was even gluten free but they were so accommodating even making special meals for breakfast and lunch as well as serving LOTS of extra veggies at the wedding! I don't know what happened to people who gave bad reviews, but after dealing with the owner and chef I have come to realize they are some of the sweetest, down to earth, accommodating people I have met.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Melissa T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillsonburg
Best Western Little River Inn
Comfort Inn Simcoe
#2 of 3 in Simcoe
#2 of 3 in Saint Thomas
Best Western Plus Woodstock Inn & Suites

Been to The Mill Tales Inn? Share your experiences!