“Great family friendly hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
Picton, Canada
“Great family friendly hotel”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We recently stayed here on our vacation to go to Canada's Wonderland. Fantastic place! Very clean. Comfortable beds. Large rooms. Great breakfast. Pool/ jacuzzi. However, the best thing about this place is the staff! Vishal is an amazing host. He went out of his way to make sure we had a nice stay. He even helped by getting us ice for our "ice bucket challenge". Thanks Vishal.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
CanecoJ0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on our hotel, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vaughan. Our entire team at the hotel take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with Vishal.
We hope to see you and your family next summer season to take in the rides and thrills at Canada's Wonderland.
John Caneco-General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here the night of our wedding! Hotel was nice, clean, great beds and the continental breakfast in the morning was very tasty!!
I would recommend this place to anyone, and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Val,

on behalf of the entire team at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vaughan, congratulations on your wedding.... I hope it all went as planned.
Thank you for the feedback on your stay. It was our pleasure to be the hotel of choice during your special day!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I have attended this location on several occasions.. I have never had any issues with either the staff, accomadations, food.. The front staff is always pleasant and knowlegeable and very courteous. The rooms as always clean. I would highly suggest this hotel.
I travel quite a bit for work, and would continue to attend

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank swim f
CanecoJ0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Greetings!

The team at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vaughan thank you for your wonderful feedback and endorsement on our hotel. We too value your business and look forward to your next visit with us.
in hospitality,
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I checked in late roughly around 11:30 the front desk was nice. I even bought tickets for LEGOLAND. After finding my room and settling in for a good night sleep. The noise in hallway was so loud. After 45 minutes of hearing noise, I called down. I was told some problem had just been resolved and it should be quiet now. To be safe they will have security check it out. Luckily I finally managed to go to bed around 1am to be woken up at 5:30 by constant doors opening and closing, dog barking along with some talking. Again I waited before calling down and was told someone will check it out. I was not able to go to sleep again due to noise. If you want to actually sleep go somewhere else!

I do admit breakfast was good and one gentleman refilling the station was awesome though I did not catch his name. Sorry!

Upon check out I thought might be acknowledged by my lack of sleep since I called down twice but only asked how my trip to LEGOLAND was???

It was my first time ever calling down in hotel and think I would of better luck telling the people to keep it down myself.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for providing us with your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vaughan Southwest. We value it and use it to continue to improve on our award winning service at the hotel. From your comments, your stay was interrupted by other registered guests walking the floors. We have security on 7 days a week at the hotel. The patrol the floors frequently and do help with reducing the noise levels on the floors. Our family oriented clientelle at the hotel are all generally good natured and respect the comfort of our guests who are trying to get a good nights sleep.
I was pleased to read that you did enjoy our complimentary breakfast in the morning. Thank you for your comments on one of our Associates in the breakfast room, it will be my pleasure to share it with him.
Should you wish to discuss your comments further, we can connect offline.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.
Houston
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The staff behind the counter made me feel warmly welcomed from beginning to end of a three-night stay. The hotel was very clean. Any needs I expressed were responded to quickly. One unfortunate incident was the fault of guests next door smoking in this no smoking hotel. I notified the front desk and they offered to move me while also making sure to visit the neighboring guests to stop the smoking. I elected to stay in the room, and while I was out the next day the staff had my room and the best door room deep cleaned. I was very impressed and thankful. I have a professional background in evaluation of IT customer support, and I give this staff an A+. I try to be kind to people who provide service to me, so there may be a two-way street effect as well.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank iashrawi
CanecoJ0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Hello,

thank you for posting your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vaughan. We are indeed a 100% smoke free hotel. Unfortunately, some guests do not adhere to our policy. Once we are aware, we address the issue accordingly as witnessed by yourself while with us. Thank you for your complement on our team and services. We value hearing from our guests with their feedback.
We look forward to your next visit with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vaughan
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We enjoy staying at Holiday Inn Express hotels, and this one did not disappoint. Everything was clean, room and bed were comfortable, and breakfast was good. Best of all, although there were a lot of events going on in the hotel, it was a quiet night's sleep. Two negatives: hotel front desk personnel did not know the name of the streets around the hotel to help us with directions, and our credit card was charged for a water bottle that the front desk told us was free as a member of the IHG Rewards Club, so keep an eye on your credit card statement!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marie L
CanecoJ0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hello Marie,

thank you for taking the time to post a review on our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vaughan. We value your feedback. Surprised to read that you felt that our team was not knowledgeable on the local area. We have a very seasoned experienced team with great insight and recommendations on the local area. I will be sure to share your comments with them for further insight. In regards to you water charge, we have already reversed the charges. We did not see it during room inspection, therefore the charge was posted. Our apologies for the inconvenience on that matter.
Overall, glad to read that you enjoyed your visit. We hope that if your plans bring you back to Vaughan, we would love the opportunity to be your hotel of choice.
Warm regards,
Tecumseh, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here last weekend for a baseball tournament. Great location, 20 minutes from the ball diamond. Located next to restaurants, easy access. Right off the highway. The rooms were very nice, free parking, free hot breakfast. People working there we're very nice. The front desk was awesome, very nice. We had a door key problem, they fixed very fast.

Recommend this hotel anytime.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mike Y
Hello Mike!

On behalf of the entire team at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vaughan, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We value and appreciate your business. Glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
If your team has another tournament in the future, we would love to be the hotel of choice.