“An Irish Pub with no Reuben?”

Dub Linn Gate Irish Pub
Ranked #476 of 860 Restaurants in Vaughan
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have been in here a few times, and particularly during the summer, they do get hopping on weekend evenings, with lvie entertainment, if that 's your thing. I generally chose quieter times for a bite and a pint. The been selection was pretty decent. The menu I am less impressed with and would suggest the chef and manager use their imagination a little bit unless of course their aim is to be primarily a drinking establiishment that carries some food. On one visit I had a Reuben, and got a processed corned beef sandwich. I did not see sauerkraut nor any Thousand Island or Russian dressing. On a subsequent visit, I noted the menu had been changed (which does not mean improved), and they no longer indicated a Reuben, but did have a corned beef sandwich, which was essentially what I had the first time.
The place was definitely full on St Patrick's Day (with the same menu - no special that I saw), so I would suggest, fi you like Irish Pubs, give it a try.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Fair range of beer choice's, average quality of food. Good service and a lot of TV screens if you wish to watch your favourite team.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

A very nice Irish pub with a number of Irish beers on tap along with a significant Scotch menu. I had the Fish & Chips which were very good along with a Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale which was very tasty. The price was reasonable and the service was very good. I will definitely visit again next time I'm in the area.

1  Thank Tom B
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stopped in last night with co-workers for dinner. Really enjoyed the building and decor, really Irish pub themed, more so than others. Beer selection was very good and the beers were cold; we were all disappointed with the menu however. Could use more burger choices and maybe more traditional pub fare; it did have some Irish food which was good. Service was good, the food we did order was good, nothing uniquely outstanding but solid nonetheless. Would go back again.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We had supper with our party of six on a Saturday night including two kids age 8 and 12.

The server was pleasant but did not have the proper knowledge of beer that I would expect from a pub. When asked what kind of beer a certain brand was she replied that is was craft and did not know whether it was a lager, ale, or otherwise. Regardless, she gave me a tester so I could see what it was.

The food was adequate and very tasty with speedy service.

Music in the establishment was current hits and not the Celtic tunes or east coast music that one would expect.

Its location is in a complex featuring a number of facilities so parking isn't the greatest. The lengthy walk into the icy area and for someone with a disability was not suitable.

Overall the visit was good but would likely look elsewhere next time.

DubLinnVaughan, General Manager at Dub Linn Gate Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Hi,

Thank you for taking to time to inform us of your experience at The Dub Linn Gate Irish Pub.
We take great pride in our beer knowledge, I will ensure our staff are fully updated on all 24 brands we have on tap.

We do hope that you come back and visit us again soon!

Dub Linn Gate Irish Pub