“Business Meeting”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Business Meeting”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Very nice hotel. It was close to my business meeting which fit my requirements. The restaurant and bar service was a little slow, but the front desk was very good. The snack shop is expensive. Very european feel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Frank R, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear kmkey,

Thank you for review and rating us 5 out of 5. I was happy to see that our location was suitable for your business meeting and will review your comments with my team as it relates to service. I would like to ensure we are always providing the best that we can.

We look forward to you next stay with us.

Frank Russo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel last year-it was beautiful. I loved the decor-it has a very modern artistic look to it which to me was very appealing. I thought the front desk were great-friendly and great sense of humour! I loved the rooms-the shower was a bit confusing to me though lol! To be honest I didn't notice anything about the sheets missing but maybe I was too tired to care. If that's the case I can only hope the duvet cover is washed after each customer visit. I did not however like the bartender service during our stay. Later at night my coworkers and I went to order a drink (5 of us). The bartender told us he was too busy with a large group and by the time he would be done serving them it would be another 20 minutes...? Wow-maybe if he knew how to multi task and prioritize he would have taken 5 minutes to serve us first and returned to the group! All we wanted was beer or wine-simple to serve. That being said we went to the bar down the street and spent our money there. It didn't help that he was not friendly-we all literally gaped at his attitude. Other than that I'd say this hotel is really good!!

• Stayed June 2012
Dear SavvyD_79,

Thank you for your return visit and taking the time to provide some comments from your recent experience. I appreciate your rating 5 out of 5 however, I am sorry to hear that our service in the lounge was not all that it could be. I will be sure to address this with team and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to service you in the future.

For the Duvet cover, I can assure you that we change the Duvet cover after each guests departure and provide a top sheet in the closet for any guests that may require additional bedding.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

River Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The employees were very nice & helpful. The rooms should have had combo bathtub/ showers. It does need some minor updates & brighter colors. Maid service was also excellent. A safety deposit box was in the room as well.

Room Tip: The higher up rooms have better views
Dear Stever57,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on your recent experience in the hotel. I appreciate your rating 5 out of 5 and will take into consideration your comments.

In terms of the bathtub and shower combination, we in fact do have one room in the hotel with this set up. Please ask for our suite next time when booking.

Looking forward to your next visit

Bologna
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre is a nice and comfortable place to stay in Toronto. Staff kind and helpful, good value for money, nice and comfortable rooms and conveniently located on the way from the airport to downtown. These plus made me choice this hotel as my place while I am in Toronto. The French touch adds a note of charm to the place. By the way, don't miss the Bass Pro Shop in front of the hotel. It's one of the most amazing shops for outdoor activities I have ever seen!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear pddignazio,

I am happy to hear that our location and hotel met your expectations. I appreciate the rating 5 out of 5 and look forward to your return visit with us.

Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The staff was very accommodating, quick, courteous, service. The breakfast buffet we had was good, with lots of choice. Every aspect of the hotel is modern with a european influence. My wife and I recommend Novotel and will definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Frank R, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear CruiseSkiPete,

Thank you for the perfect rating 5 out of 5...It is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Frank
Ottawa
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I booked this online after flip flopping back and forth between the Loft hotel just around the corner. My boyfriend and I were headed to Wonderland for the weekend and wanted something close. VERY happy with the decision! First bonus point went to the fact that they let us check in early.. EARLY! more time for wonderland!!

The hotel is very clean, very modern and welcoming. The staff were friendly and informative.. and not in a stiff, scripted way. We really did feel comfortable in the hotel. The room was very clean, very modern...bed was comfy! we loved the bathroom! the rainshower was a nice change to regular hotel tubs. I've used many hotel shampoos, and this one I definitley swiped :)

My DB ended up winning a huge stuffed dog at wonderland.. it was too big to carry around, so the front staff was nice enough to keep it behind the desk in the office.

I will not hesitate to stay at a Novotel again. Thank you for a great trip!

Dear Shmape,

Thank you for the perfect rating 5 out of 5. I am very happy to see that our team was able to exceed your expectations and provide you with that one on one service. Its OK about the shampoo, let me know when you are back in and I will be sure to add a few extra in the room.

I recall the huge stuffed dog and noticed it took up your entire back seat...must have been fun driving back home with it.

We look forward to you next visit.

Frank
Reviewed 5 May 2013

The first room we got did not have wifi. Staff was aware this section of the hotel did not have wifi. After a call to the front desk, they switched rooms. The next room had a 2" gap in the center of the bathroom door, which faces into the room, no privacy if you are sharing a room. Our first room was not like that. There are better choices in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Lost80,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay. I am certainly disappointed that our Wifi and Room was not all that it could have been. Exceptional service is what we strive to be known for.

My apologies if the room did not meet your expectations, specifically with the bathroom doors and Wifi access, I would like the opportunity to have it corrected; therefore if you could e-mail me directly with the room number, I will have it reviewed

Thank you once again and please feel free to contact me by phone or e-mail

frank.russo@accor.com