“Elegant and Beautiful Hotel”

Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
Richmond, Canada
“Elegant and Beautiful Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

A few friends and myself came to the Toronto area just for a getaway. We stayed at this hotel because of recommendations from friends and it was the only good choice we made in the Vaughan area. From when I checked in I was extremely pleased. The young girl who checked me in was very polite. We had brought my dog along and she was just in love with them. She explained what was in the area, and said if I needed anything to call down. I took her up on that as I had many question but she was more than happy to help. I had dinner in the restaurant the first night, the fried shrimp was okay, a bit on the dry side, but the seafood risotto was delightful. A must have if you ever go to their restaurant. The server was very attentive and had a wonderful smile. The rooms were spacious, clean, and worth every dollar I paid. My only little complaint is having shower caps and lotions in the room please. It wasn't a big issue as I called the front desk and was able to get some sent up. Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, kudos to your wonderful staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sandra B
Frank R, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Sandra B

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your experience with us. It is great to see that our team was able to assist you accordingly in all areas.

We look forward to your return stay with us.

Frank Russo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Everything about our room was awesome. It was fresh, clean, very nice design. We stayed one night after being at Canada Wonderland for the day with my husband and our three years old daughter. I booked the room online, and all I cared about was the distance of the hotel from Wonderland. I wanted the closest hotel possible , so my husband doesn't have to tackle traffic at the end of the day. Aloft Hotel showed up first, but they didn't have any 2 queen bed rooms left, so I went with Novotel Hotel , which is a very short distance away. I was very happy with the accommodations. The hotel is new and kept very clean. The front desk agent was very helpful at check in. Once we got to the room I realized , that I haven't packed a second pair of clothes for myself. The clothes I was wearing were wet from one of the rides at Canada Wonderland. I called the front desk and asked if I could have a robe. The agent answered , that I can't have a robe , because they only provide them for guests who stay in their suites. I felt very bad. I couldn't believe what I am hearing . I wish he wasn't that brutally honest with me. I probably would have looked to book a suite if I was travelling only with my husband, but I needed 2 queen beds for my daughter to sleep in one of them. At this point , being wet, cold and humiliated I was ready to spend any money for whatever room it takes to get a robe. Well , all the suites a robe comes with were sold. Needless to say, by the next day I was sick, with fever, we did not go back to Canada Wonderland as originally planned(which is the reason I booked the hotel to begin with), so picture me sick as a dog in the car, with a very upset 3 years old on the back seat, screaming and crying all the way back to Niagara Falls. I don't even want to describe how pissed off my husband was. I was too upset to even sit down and write this review , but I am doing it now , so perhaps you coach your staff , and they understand how one simple "no" can cost someone's mini get away . It is so hard to get the same days off with my husband and have some fun, little moments like that keep my family together. You just ruined it for us over a robe.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Maria E
Dear Maria,

Thank you for taking the time rate and comment on your experience while staying with us. I am happy to see that your accommodations were to your liking however sorry to hear about the bathrobe not being provided.

You are correct that we do have rooms available in the hotel with additional amenities and services however should have provided you with the robe upon request regardless of room type. I will be sure to share this with my team

We are hopeful that you will provide us with the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kindest regards,

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed there during Toronto power outage. Reception staff are very helpful, great hospitality. Brand new hotel. Clean and modernly furnished, spacious room. Perfectly designed, chic bathroom and douche apparatus.
Walking distance to huge shopping mall and plazas.
Nice lobby and restaurant. Great value, definitely suggested.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank travelguru-su
Dear Mark I,

Thank you for the excellent rating and comments from your stay. The power outage was truly a difficult time for many families and I am happy to see that we were able to accommodate your needs and appreciate the recommendation

We look forward to welcoming you back

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Hotel is modern and very clean. Easy check in. Great staff and very helpful.
We stayed in a king room. Very new , clean and modern. Bathroom was very nice stand up shower stall.

Bed was supper comfortable. You don't feel any motion transfer . Linens fresh , soft and clean.
Rooms have not a lot of extra plug ins for iPads,iPhone. Etc.
We had breakfast included in our rate. Breakfast buffet is great. Fresh is the word that comes to mind. A lot of selection.
Vaughan Mills shopping centre and Bass Pro across the street , within walking distance.
A lot of restaurants close by within walking distance .

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jane S
Dear Jane S

Thank you for the excellent rating and comments. I am happy to see that your overall experience was a positive one appreciate the recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you back

NW Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I did not stay at this hotel but had walked across the street from the hotel I was staying at for their breakfast buffet, as I did not like what my own hotel offered. I had no idea that the buffet ended at 11 am and arrived about 10:50 am. I was greeted warmly by 2 manager looking people in suits who did not mention my late arrival and a waitress met me at my table promptly. I finally figured out that I had arrived right before buffet scheduled to end but waitress stated she would leave items out for me. I never felt rushed at all. She also made sure I was done going up before starting to put things away. Excellent service! And very delicious!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank aagha
Dear aagha,

Thank you for the excellent rating and comments. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our Breakfast buffet and appreciate the comments on your service experience.

Hopefully next time we could have the opportunity to welcome you back for an overnight stay and breakfast the following morning.

Kindest regards,

Little Current, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in this hotel. We thought it was nicely designed, beautifully appointed and clean. The staff were very attentive. The beds were very comfortable. It's close to great shopping and a lot of restaurants. One of the only things I would change is their cots for extra people in the room. Extremely narrow cot and not very comfortable. There is a breakfast buffet, but I would suggest going to one of the nearby restaurants.

We used a discount service to book our room and were treated well and given a lovely room. (I find that sometimes hotels tend to treat you as a second class citizen if you use discount services) This was not the case at all here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ManitoulinTwo
Dear ManitoulinTwo,

Thank you for taking the time rate and review the Hotel. I am happy to see that your accommodations were to your liking. I will take a look at the cots however if I may suggest in the future that you request a room with two queen beds that may be more comfortable and accommodate the extra person.

We look forward to your next stay with us.