“Very pleased!”

Extended Stay Canada - Toronto - Vaughan
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
Reviewed 2 September 2013

What a fantastic place to stay! Not only was it very reasonable, but the room was perfect. For 109 bucks, we had a 1 bedroom suite, equipped with a fridge, microwave, kitchen with sink and stove. When we arrived, Jordan at the front desk was incredibly friendly and accommodating. The room was very well taken care of and had 2 nice flat screen TVs. The complimentary breakfast had waffles, fruits, juices, toast, bagels, and cereals. The grounds were modern and maintained. My only beef with this place is that the bed and pillows were not super comfortable. But overall I was very pleased and would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Toronto - Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Chris - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that our pillows and beds did not meet your expectations. Still, we appreciate your kind words regarding the service our front desk staff provided to you, especially Jordan. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed all the amenities our hotel offered and our grab-and-go breakfast.

We will be sharing your review with all of our staff. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed here with my wife on vacation. I've been in many 4-5 star hotels but the quality of this hotel surpasses the others. This hotel had all the amenities anyone could've wanted. The service staff was great. The woman working at the front desk (Olvya) was really nice and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Toronto - Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and felt that we exceeded your expectations! I will be happy to share your comments with all of our staff, especially Olvya.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel with a group of people for a family wedding. The location was great, and the hotel itself was very nice. Check in was easy and fast. When we got to our room (1 bedroom suite with 1 queen and a pull-out, non-smoking) we were happy with the room- the only complaint was the faint cigarette smoke smell in the room but to be honest that's not enough to deter me from staying here again- it faded after a while anyways.

The breakfast hours on Sunday morning were not very accommodating. 7:30-10:00 is not nearly long enough- it should go to at least 11:00 and the food should continue to be brought out until that time. Like I mentioned, we were staying here with a group of 12 people and 7 of them didn't even get anything to eat or drink in the morning when they arrived to the breakfast room at around 9:30 or so. I asked 2 individuals who were working in the breakfast room (tidying the tables and re-stocking/organizing the food) at 9:20am if they would be bringing out any more food since there was over half an hour left until breakfast is supposed to be over. The one lady who actually answered me (I was ignored by the other) told me that she "can't control how much food people are taking up to their rooms and the food is going fast. As soon I bring out more, it's gone". So I asked if she was planning on bringing out any more and I was told "I'll see what I can do, but it's not my problem if other people take all the food"....needless to say, I was not impressed with the "it's not my problem" comment...in my opinion, yes- it IS most definitely your problem- I'm paying to stay here and have breakfast and when I came down at 9:00 (when breakfast is supposed to go to 10:00) and there is barely anything left to eat - that IS a problem and it's YOURS. Anyways, she ended up bringing out some more (what I guess she considered) 'food'....it was half a loaf of sliced FROZEN SOLID bread to make toast.

By 9:45 there was nothing (and I mean NOTHING) left- the coffee and juice machines were turned off, the frozen bread was gone, no muffins or danishes were ever re-stocked, the milk container was empty and only 1 of 3 kinds of cereal were left- but not enough for even a bowl.

Overall- the accommodation itself (the hotel lobby, room, bathroom, courtyard) was very nice, clean and comfortable but the breakfast and the level of service (or lack thereof) need work.

I don't think I will be returning to this hotel or suggesting it to my family or friends- I was pretty disappointed. We booked this hotel over another because it included breakfast and paid more than we would have at the other hotel and ended up having to go out and eat breakfast anyways- not impressed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our location and overall accommodations during your visit; however, we apologize that you did not have a positive experience during our breakfast service hours. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will ensure that our food selection gets replenished in a appropriate manner and that we show a professional level of customer service from all of our staff. The inappropriate manner that our staff displayed to you is completely unacceptable.

We continually work to improve our hotel so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at adannawi@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stayed here so that we could attend The Rogers Cup Tennis and didn't have to drive home late. The hotel suite was surprisingly spacious with a small kitchen and living area in addition to the bedroom area. It was very clean and quiet and we were able to pull our car up to just outside our hotel room door which made it easy for unloading. The lobby was welcoming and the staff were helpful. Will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Don't let the inexpensive price keep you away.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Toronto - Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the size of our guest rooms, clean hotel environment and helpful staff that you encountered during your visit to our area. We are delighted to know that you would choose to return to our hotel for future accommodations, brand loyalty from our customers gives us great pride and we hope that we can maintain your expectations for future visits. I look forward to sharing your review with our staff, thanks again!

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Although it was around this time last year that I spent the night here with my two friends (one being my fiancee now) I wanted to come back and put in the good word that this hotel deserves. Do not let the great pricing make you think there is catch- there isn't one. What a fantastic place. The staff service was beyond expectations, they were very professional, prompt, and handled every customer like they were a family member. One certain desk staff member, wish I could recall his name, went above and beyond and helped me out greatly with tips of the local area.

Rooms- very cozy and they seem to have done something with the walls because you really cannot hear the other guests. You will sleep well with good bed and bedding, and excellent clean room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Toronto - Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such kind comments about your experience at our hotel. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the customer service given to you and felt comfort in our guest rooms. As these are two very important points of our guest stays, we truly appreciate you taking the time to post your comments!

Thank you again for your review, It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us the next time around. Congratulations on your engagement!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel with 3 of my friends this past weekend for Veld music festival and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! Thought it would be very noisy and crazy but it was quiet and we all slept well. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Exactly what we needed for the short 2 night stay. Thanks for the great hospitality!

Room Tip: Room on second floor was quiet. Bottom floor rooms facing the outside are perfect if you brought y...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Toronto - Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Riley - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. I'm so pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy a quiet and relaxing stay. It also brings me great pleasure to read that our staff were very hospitable, and that your room was to your liking. We hope you enjoyed the Veld Music Festival!

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We recently took a family vacation to Toronto, and stayed at the Extended Stay in Vaughan. The staff was friendly, and made every effort to ensure we were comfortable. The rooms was large, and slept six very comfortably! The furniture was clean and the atmosphere was warm and appealing. There was a good variety at breakfast, and it was very convenient to have breakfast included! The kids were happy.. .So we all were! Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Toronto - Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Hi Sara,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff providing hospitable and friendly service during your time at our property. As we have recently completed a light renovation it brings me great pleasure to know that our new rooms provided you with a warm and comfortable feeling. We were happy to hear that your children also enjoyed their stay! We hope you and your family returns to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vaughan
North York
Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites
Aloft Vaughan Mills
#2 of 14 in Vaughan
Liberty Suites Hotel
#11 of 14 in Vaughan

Been to Extended Stay Canada - Toronto - Vaughan? Share your experiences!