“Comfortable for short-stays too”

Extended Stay Canada - Toronto - Vaughan
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
St. Marys, Ontario
“Comfortable for short-stays too”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I visit Toronto 4-6 times per year for business, and usually stay at a competitor hotel in the area. I decided to try the Extended Stay based on positive Trip Advisor reviews. I had a pleasant stay- the room was modern and the (hot) breakfast was adequate; and the price was right. I will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RobandChristina
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Toronto - Vaughan, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you gave our hotel a try based on the past guest experience feedback. We are very happy to read that you also enjoyed your stay while in the Vaughan area and are grateful that you would consider returning for future visits.

Thank you again for your review I will be happy to share your comments with the entire team!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Quebec
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Very nice and clean hotel. Bed was very confortable.Continental breakfast beyond expectation. thanks to Jordan who welcomed us at the front desk with his happiness and friendlyness. Thanks to Mo, who was more than happy to give us a ride when we needed one. He even took my daughter to York university, where she had to take and exam. So appreciated. Good luck Mo, in your future carrer.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank estrella61
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Toronto - Vaughan, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time during your visit to the Vaughan area. I am pleased to share your comments with all of our staff, and appreciate your feedback in regards to the positive customer service that was given to you.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 December 2013

When we checked into the room, within an hour, we had major issues with the toilet. It was clogged. We called the guest helpdesk to inform them of this problem. someone came upstairs to check the washroom and gave up a plunger and did nothing else. Since that day was my traditional wedding, i went out to my ceremony. upon coming back at 12 midnight, i was exhausted. We (seven ladies) realized that the toilet was clogged again. We called the helpdesk and told them. They asked us if we want to switch rooms. We were exhausted, we were leaving in the morning, it was 1am at this time and we were asked to switch rooms. How is it possible to moving my entire wedding party at that time when we had to wake up at 6am for the wedding ceremony.
We told them that we could not switch rooms since we had to wake up so early. Besides moving all seven of us to a different floor was such an inconvenience. We already had one major inconvenience that day (Clogged toilet) and i was not ready to put them all through that hassle.
I requested for a discount in price since we did not get the service requested. Since we were only going to spend one night, it will only be fair. However, I was told rudely that there was nothing they can do. However, they suggested that we all came to the lobby downstairs to use the washrooms if we had to. HOW RIDICULOUS AND ABSURD.
I will never recommend this hotel if it kills me. Terrible terrible terrible. They almost ruined my entire wedding day.
PS: This is not just a crazy customer! I saw it as it is. I have proof of pictures if you have to see it!

1 Thank Tobi D
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that we were unable to assist you with the toilet issue in your room, I fully understand that this posed a major inconvenience especially on your wedding ceremony day. To prevent this from happening again, we will be sharing your comments with all of our staff and reiterate our customer service procedures in handling issues that may arise.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at adannawi@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Nepean
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I first found this hotel in the spring when I was travelling weekly in North York area and was always very pleased by the location, service and accomodations. I have been back at the hotel now for over 8 weeks and I do believe that they have stepped up their game again! From the super friendy and helpful team at the front desk, to the cleaning staff, to the fabulous Director of Sales, the team at Extended Stay Canada seems focused on one thing: making sure I have a great stay each week! The folks on the front desk are a big part of the reason I came back the first time and they remain key to my loyalty. I won't name names because I know I'd miss someone and that would be terrible; They are all excellent and make me feel welcome everytime I check in. The cleaners take careful care of the room through the week and look after anything that I might ask for - the room always smells so great when I walk in! From the free breakfast in the morning to the evening social, a person could do just fine here through the week. Having a stove top, a microwave and an apartments size refridgerator in the suite means that I can grab some groceries and eat well when I'm on the road. I have been staying in hotels every week for over 8 months and this is the hotel against which I compare all others. If I can't be home, I might as well be here! My thanks to everyone at Extended Stay Canada Vaughan.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Suzanne M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Toronto - Vaughan, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed and pleasant review. I am so pleased to hear that we have consistently exceeded your expectations during your stays at our hotel. I will be happy to share your comments with all of our staff. It brings me great joy to read that staff from an array of departments made you feel welcome during your visits to our hotel. Service does not just apply to one department but the entire team!

Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future and hope to continue to exceed your expectations for your hotel accommodations.
Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed here for two nights (my mom and I.) Check in took a really long time which was really frustrating! Room was ok - hotel advertised that all rooms had a full kitchen and full fridge - but we only had a small mini fridge. This was fine for us but for people staying for an extended period of time this may be an issue. They also had no drawers or dresser in the bedroom, so no where to unpack and store clothing. The closet has some racks but that didnt help much. I slept on the pull out couch, which was VERY uncomfortable and the first night the sheets were stained yellow! So I slept above the sheets and just requested extra blankets.
Hotel was clean, and the continental breakfast provided was ok - very limited but at least it was free.
I probably would not opt to stay here again as I think there are other hotels around that have basic amenities for the same price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Toronto - Vaughan, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you encountered a delay during check-in and that we did not meet your expectations in regards to the guest room features. To help further prevent guest service delays at the front desk, we will be reviewing the number of staff that we have on during our busier hours. We appreciate your comments regarding the in-room features and stained linen. I will communicate your concerns through the proper channels in order to help prevent similar issues for future guests.

Haileybury, Ontario
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel was starting to get a little run-down, but is in the process of re-doing everything. We love having a suite so that one person can sleep while the rest of the family is in the living area. The hotel has recently gone smoke-free, which really helps the whole atmosphere of the place. The location is perfect for families, or couples who want to be close to the city and major highways through the city, close to Wonderland, provides airport shuttle (without the sound of planes overhead) and is a good value.

Room Tip: We like having a suite with 2 queen beds; makes for a good sleep and the beds are great now. Withou...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Toronto - Vaughan, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a pleasant review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the hotel location and new look of the hotel after the refurbishments made last year. We are definitely happy with the positive responses of our hotel now being smoke free, and we greatly appreciate your feedback.

Thank you again for your review, It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Woodbridge, Canada
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This weekend me and my girlfriends held a girls night at Extended Stay; we were all very much pleased with our stay! The front desk working that night, Richard, was so sweet and friendly, and the rooms were very nice and tidy. The only thing we weren't to fond of, was the breakfast. Overall, me and my girlfriends loved this hotel, and agree that the staff dedicate to high quality customer service. We can't wait to come back for the next girls night!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Toronto - Vaughan, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Please accept our apologies that our breakfast did not meet your expectations. Still, we are happy to know that we were able to provide a clean and comfortable stay for you. We also appreciate your comments regarding Richard and will be sure to share your comments with him and the rest of the team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vaughan
North York
Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites
Aloft Vaughan Mills
#1 of 14 in Vaughan
North York
Holiday Inn Express Toronto - North York

Been to Extended Stay Canada - Toronto - Vaughan? Share your experiences!