“Like a Hilton should be!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Clean and new. Only had one issue with hotel. I booked the King one bedroom suite a month in advance. When we arrived at check in time the front desk gave us our room and we proceeded back to car to get luggage. Although no fault of the hotels, we were mooned by young men from one of the hotel windows. Once we arrived to our room on fourth floor we were greeted by loud music and our room was not the one bedroom suite. At the front desk we were told that they had none left as they were very busy this weekend and sold out. When inquiring why that would be when that's the room that we booked, she explained that it sometimes happens and was sorry but could not give us the room I had booked. We then advised her of the mooning as we had young daughters with us and the party going on and wanted a different room no matter what. They moved us to the same type of room on the seventh floor. I had to ask if we would be paying the same rate as our room was now different than what I had booked. She offered $20 off the price. Although everything was fixed for us my one beef is still if I book a certain room as we had kids with us and wanted the bedroom suite we should have been offered that room. How was it given to someone else? That's why I booked a month in advance! A better explanation should have been given to us!!!

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We just love this place, we keep coming back and will keep comming back. Front desk service is exceptional, rooms are super clean and spacious .... Food is beyond expectation. This place is fantastic. We have been to many hotel and this a Homewood Suites is our favourite !!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
billforrest, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Suzzanne T,

Thank you so much on behalf the entire team at Homewood Suites Toronto Vaughan for your wonderful review. We have been sure to share your kind words with the entire staff here at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you "Home" again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. Excellent Food and excellent value for your money. Nice pool and hot tub. The room was very clean. The room even came supplied with cups/plates etc. Dishwasher with detergent supplied.....it was great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
billforrest, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Jeff D,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad that you found our hotel accommodating and that you were able to enjoy our complimentary meals while you were with us. Thank you for recognizing the value of staying at our property. Thank you again for staying with us, I hope we will have the chance to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Most horrible hotel experience ever. Picked it because we needed a suite in the area. Turns out the rooms smell like crap, the hotel attendants had bad attitude like they were doing me a favour by working there, and THERE IS NO ROOM SERVICE. NEED ANYTHING? WALK TO FRONT DESK!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ali K

Dear Ali K,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback on your visit. I appreciate your input and apologize for your disappointment with your accommodations during this stay.
I noticed that upon your arrival you changed your reservation from a non-smoking suite to a smoking suite. If your room was not to your satisfaction we would have happily honoured the non-smoking room reservation you had originally booked. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team and we will work harder to prevent similar issues in the future.
Homewood Suites by Hilton as a brand does not have a room service operation in any of their hotels. To set us apart from other Hotels in the area; we offer a complimentary hot buffet breakfast and a light complimentary dinner Monday to Thursday.
If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Been here numerous times and have enjoyed my stays here every single time. I've stayed in both the normal two queen rooms and the two bedroom suites with kitchenettes and would recommend either room. Staff is friendly, courteous and went out of the way to help a fellow Hilton Honors member. Would stay again!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Randytran,
I would like to thank you for your review and recognition of our staff members. I am glad that you had an amazing stay with us. I hope you were also able to take advantage of our complimentary dinner which we serve Monday through Thursday. Again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Good newer hotel. Everything was great except the front desk staff who didn't seem very excited to be in a service industry job. The stay was made better by the quality breakfast area and good food. This modern hotel is a good choice if in the area.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Hollyg74,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the somewhat unpleasant experience you had in your recent stay with us. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.
We have shared your concerns with our front desk team so we may work to better preserve the comfort of our guests moving forward. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and supper. We hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality hospitality you deserve, should you return to our area in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel and room are very good to excellent. I gave this an overall poor rating due to the Front Desk Staff. I had requested a certain billing criteria during booking, restated that same criteria during check-in and during my stay. Upon check-out, the billing was incorrect and was told the billing had been processed and approved. After checking said billing, found the billing to be completely wrong and the wrong amount(s). Several irritating phone calls and emails, the issue is still unresolved as of this posting... 5 days later.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel A
billforrest, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Daniel A,

I would like to apologize again for the issues you had due to billing. The Sunday that you called, the folio was corrected to the way you needed by myself, but unfortunately, it does take a few days for it to reflect on your credit card statement. I understand that my Night Manager Binh also sent you a copy of our credit card report that shows that the credit and charge were completed on Sunday. If you do not see the correct charges on your credit card by the end of the week, please let me know so I can follow up with the credit card company.

Amanda Vesterfelt