Aloft Vaughan Mills
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Toronto Vaughan(Vaughan)
View Hotel
All reviewspool tablecanada's wonderlandvaughan millsfront deskparking lotfree coffeelobby barshopping mallmodern designsmall poolamusement parkenjoyed my stayone night staybed was very comfortablewould definitely stay here againclean hotelhockey tournament
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2014

hotel was simple. The room was clean. It is not all it talks itself up to be. We stayed there for 4 nights, and wanted to go home. The mall in close proximity was nice, if you want to shop, but there is no pharmacy, or anything remotely resembling one within walking distance. Staff was not that friendly. It seemed a little remote and a bit strange. There aren't food places open late. With the lack of room service this is an issue. The biggest downfall is that they waited until we had checked out to charge us, so that they could charge the 13% tax rate, when we are from Alberta and would only be taxed 5%. This was an extra ~$55 added to the total rate, that was not mentioned when we had booked. Not worth the stay unless there is something in Vaughan that will bring you there.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ktg3
GM_Matthew_Rattray, General Manager at Aloft Vaughan Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear ktg3

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you found the hotel clean as we put a lot of focus into maintaining a clean property.

Unfortunately, as a Select Service Property, we do not offer a Full Service Restaurant, or Room Service like many of the larger hotels but with that comes much higher room rates. We do our best to offer competitive rates and do offer a 'Grap-and Go' area known as re:fuel where we offer food for sale 24/7.

I noticed you were concerned over being charged at check out, rather than at check in. Unless your reservation is prepaid through a 3rd Party such as Expedia or Priceline (to name a couple), guests will always be charged at Check Out no matter where you stay in the world include Alberta.

In 2010, Ontario switched to HST which is our Harmonized Tax of 13% which means that Federal and Provincial Tax is combined. Only three provinces (PEI, Manitoba, Saskatchewan) continue to impose a separate sales tax at the retail level. Alberta is the only Province in Canada not imposing a provincial sales tax which I know is very attractive for those who live in Alberta or travel to Alberta. No matter where you stay in Ontario, you will always be subjected to 13% HST which will be applied after check out.

With that in mind, we hope you will consider staying with us again next time you are in Vaughan,

Kind Regards

Matthew Rattray

Reviewed 27 December 2013

First time to stay at this hotel due to ice storm in Toronto. It is a small hotel with 5 star hotel service. Front desk tried the best to arrange me a quiet room as the fan in bathroom is on 24/7 after the first night. All cleaning ladies provided super care jobs to comfort my mom with extra pillows, additional chair, enough tissue and water to drink. It just you named it, all ladies tried the best to make my mom happy. Cafe lady auto offered me to fill up hot water for my thermo bottle, save my time to wait for the machine refill.
Last but not least, front desk staff Mr Bhartesh has continued to provide beyond and above the hospitality services while we are staying. Mr Bhartesh used his own time (after work) to check which one is a quiet room. Moreover, take action immediately to call my upper room no heavy walking and jumping as he remembers my mom likes to have a quiet place to stay. Therefore, my mom is a senior lady who does not speak English at all, she fully feels that Mr Bhartesh shows his passion and understanding our situation to keep us happy and satisfied.
Due to there is no firm day to restore power, my mom has "ordered" me to continue to make a reservation to stay at the Aloft Vaughan Mills until the power restore. We wish Mr Bhartesh and the rest of the staffs continue to provide 5 star hotel service.

2  Thank Peter W
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed here for a last minute stay-cation with the family Christmas Eve until Boxing day, I called and made the reservation over phone around 6pm Christmas Eve due to last minute changed in our Christmas plans, and the phone operator was friendly but a little clueless (I think the reservation line is in the US so they didn't have any information regarding local weather/plowing/parking availability for this particular Ontario location.

The hotel was difficult to find as my GPS took me else where when I entered the address.. and the car ahead of me seems to be making the same detours as I was and it turns out they were looking for the same hotel and GPS did not direct them to the proper place.

At check in , everything went smoothly except for the fact that our key and room were already occupied!! I went down to front desk and told the concierge and she apologized profusely for giving us an occupied room (rookie mistake?) and gave us another room. Next day my family (3 of us) had different plans so we decided to request another key, this time the front desk concierge (a different one) set up another key and said everything was taken care of. Come night time, when I returned to my room, my new key doesn't work! so once again I go to front desk to get a new key and this third concierge apologizes again and gave me a new key. Later in the evening I was told by mom, who was in the room in the afternoon, that while she was there someone tried to enter her room!! and it was another family of travellers who were given the wrong keys and assigned pre-occupied rooms.

So despite the hotel being nice and comfortable, and a good location (walking distance to vaughan mills shopping centre), the key mixups were very disruptive and made me feel uneasy... who knows how many guests tried to enter our room mistakenly while we were away?
The front desk staff really need to be better trained in the basics of hotel managment!

Room Tip: odd number rooms face the shopping centre, which could be loud in the mornings and weekends , but they also face the parking lot so you can keep an eye our on your car
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Vaughan Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave us a review in regards to your recent stay. We are happy that you were able to spend the holidays with Aloft Vaughan Mills. On behalf of the team, we do apologize for the problems you experienced with the key cards. The general manager has been made aware of your situation and will be working with the front desk staff. We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

First time at this hotel. Everything is very modern. The beds are a bit on the uncomfortable side. The room is spacious. Hotel is non-smoking. The pool is a bit cold. Very close proximity to highway and Vaughan Mills. Pet-friendly but super thin walls and you can hear everything. Overall, for a cheaper price and out of necessity would stay again.

1  Thank xbarbiie
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This was my first Aloft experience, but it sure won't be my last! A friend and I booked here and got a Black Friday special; the quality of this hotel for the price was a pleasant surprise. The décor is amazing! Hip and modern, but more importantly, comfortable and very clean. The beds are perfect, and we slept well after we got the heating system in the room figured out. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good. Will definitely bring my family back here!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Vaughan Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that your first stay with Aloft Vaughan Mills was so enjoyable. We hope that you were able to find some great Black Friday deals during your visit. If your travels bring you back to Vaughan in the future, we would love to see you again! Take care!