“Lots of fun”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Lots of fun”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I had missed March break with my 10 year old daughter and a friend of my Franny hooked me up with a weekend stay at the hotel. The staff was extremely nice and accommodating to anything we needed. The rooms were fun to stay in and the overall experience was great.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Service360
GM_Matthew_Rattray, General Manager at Aloft Vaughan Mills, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Service360

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Aloft. I will have to thank your friend for recommending us.

Thank you again, and we hope you will come back again soon,

Matthew Rattray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed 2 April 2014

What a great experience! I love this hotel because the staf are super friendly and they know me by name. The rooms are always clean and its a great place to watch a game at the bar with my co-workers after work. Thanks for the guest reception. It was great to meet the whole team.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bill B
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband and I had to stay the night somewhere in Vaughan for our wedding night, March 22nd and we chose Aloft Hotel.. I've heard good things, it's really nice and modern and I used to work for Starwood so I figured why not?!

Well it turns out it was not as good as we expected and considering it was our wedding night I would have expected at least a little more. I did not expect anything special or to be treated like a VIP, but at least the minimum.

We arrived around 3am and were exhausted of course, it was a cold night, all we wanted was a warm & cozy room and bed. Well we did not get that! Our thermostat was not working in the room so we kept trying to fix it for over an hour and were hoping it would warm up but it never did! And the phone wasn't working so we couldn't call anyone, my husband had to finally get dressed and go downstairs to look for someone to help us. He managed to find the supervisor I believe he was, on duty and explain our issue. He soon came to the room and couldn't figure out the problem so went to look for another room to move us to... that all took another half hour until he moved us only to the room next door, which was also freezing!!! By the time he came and tried to play with the thermostat I was already literally shaking how cold I was and did not even have anything warmer to wear, so I had to wear my husband's winter coat!!! Really?! They could not even provide a robe, since when?
He then said it would take a while for the heating to kick in but there's nothing else he can do.
So at this point it was around 4am, we just wanted a couple hours of shut eye, so we cuddled up under the sheets (in the coat still) and somehow fell asleep, the heating might have kicked in half hour later...

On top of everything he did not even give us a late check out or anything.
The next day we went to check out, exhausted and cold... the front desk agents knew our issue and we brought it up again and the fact that it was our wedding night. Yet they did nothing, we had to pay for our room, no reimbursement of any kind! I was way too tired to argue or bother, and we just wanted to leave and try to enjoy the rest of our day.
We asked for them to call us a taxi, and ended up waiting for one for 20 minutes and still had to pay for that of course.

I wasn't even going to bother wasting more time writing a review, as I have never done that before no matter the experience, but since I was on the site writing an amazing review for Paradise Banquet Hall, I figured why not write another one. They need the feedback and should know how to treat their customers and how they feel! I've been in the business for a very long time and this was utterly rude and I would not go back or recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Make sure their heating/air conditioning is working properly! Or bring extra clothes so you don'...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tanja B
GM_Matthew_Rattray, General Manager at Aloft Vaughan Mills, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Tanja B

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry that you experienced challenges with the temperature in your room and equally surprised as we had just had GW.Ltd complete a full audit, re-program and fix of all in-room units in the hotel. I did check you room and am happy to report that it is working correctly, but I can understand that it takes take 20min to heat up a room on our cold winters nights. We have our setpoint programmed at 22.5 C/72 F but you are able to increase the temperature if you find that too cold.

I do apologize that your concerns were not addressed in timely manner, and I will definitely speak to my team and reassure them that they are empowered moving forward.

Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed at the Aloft Vaughan the weekend of March 28-30 with our hockey team and I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area. The staff were extremely helpful with the booking and were friendly throughout our stay. The rooms were very comfortable and the shower was amazing. We found the lobby was inviting and the pool table is a great touch, it was nice to have a place for the parents to gather. In addition the hotel was in a perfect location for anyone who wished to spend their free time shopping.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Corrina R
GM_Matthew_Rattray, General Manager at Aloft Vaughan Mills, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Corrina R

Thank you for your awesome review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Aloft Vaughan Mills. I am happy you like our location! So much to do, especially when filling in time between games! I hope the tournament was a success!

We hope to see you again in the future,

Coniston, Canada
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The hotel was amazing, clean, very modern, the whole hockey team was cool with the hotel, a walk to the mall, and everything is so close. Will definitely be back to this hotel for sure, and will recommend to my friends

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Timony43

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and that the location worked well for you and your team. Thank you for recommending us to your friends and we will definitely look forward to serving you next time you are staying with us in Vaughan.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I just love the Aloft Vaughn!! The hotel has a great new chic feel, the rooms are very nice and comfortable, great insure amenities and a perfect Vaughan location.
I love the glass shower, and the beds are insanely comfortable!!
Would definitely recommend this hotel if your staying in Vaughan.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karlymcd
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Very functional room, with tons of connectivity options for media, charging stations, aux inputs, hdmi, etc. Gotta bring your own cables, but still.

FULL blackout blinds complete with stainless steel casing to block every bit of light (best of any hotel I've stayed in).

Great use of space in the closet wall unit.

Highly impressed. Having traveled through 5 continents and living in hotels for the past 5 years, this was a refreshing hotel unlike any other in the GTA.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Vaughan Mills, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you kindly for staying with Aloft Vaughan Mills during your recent travels. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our style during your stay. With over 75+ hotels around the world, we hope that you stay with Aloft again! Take care!