“An ok stay”

Monte Carlo Inn Vaughan Suites
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
“An ok stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have stayed at this Monte Carlo inn a few times and to be honest, it's just OK. They hold $100.00 on your credit card until you check out in case you go "rock star" in their room! As seniors, I doubt that would happen....kind of always makes me feel like a criminal. They give out breakfast vouchers, but only in the morning after they see your room key. Breakfast is sorely lacking. Terrible fruit salad! Maybe they should try to offer something a bit more substantial that bagels, toast & muffins. Oh, you can get a hot breakfast, but it comes at a $$$. We have had dinner in their restaurant & find it to be very pricey for what they offer. This is a so-so restaurant posing as a 4 star establishment. Save your $$ and take the time to find a local restaurant...which brings me to my last comments. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere in an industrial area. The only reason we stay there is because we have our vehicle serviced nearby.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Camcolgran
Adrian_Calagiu, General Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Vaughan Suites, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time and letting us know about your experience in our hotel. We, at the Monte Carlo Inn Vaughan Suites are proud of our great selection of food items available at the complimentary continental breakfast buffet offered every morning to our guests. From daily baked assorted pastries, (muffins, croissants, turnovers and cookies), fresh fruit salad made daily and freshly brewed coffee to a variety of cereals and juices, yogurt and toasted breads and bagels with butter, cream cheese and preserves.
The $100 incidental deposit it is a standard industry procedure to cover long distance phone calls, movie rentals or room service.
Consequently, I would like to take this opportunity and letting you know that Monte Carlo Inn Vaughan Suites is committed in giving the customer their complete loyalty and then to offer , the finest quality in hospitality and service for the guest at an outstanding value.
Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Arabic first
Vaughan, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I initially started my stay while waiting for my home to built. Things changed and I have been there for almost two years. The service is extremely good, the room is well kept and the people, have treated me like family. I can't say enough about Eliset, Telvia , Adrian and the rest of the team. It's going to be hard to leave when that day comes.

Room Tip: The south side is great and the view in the mornings with the sun rising is wonderful.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Lucerne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The theme of 'home away from home' was totally correct!! :)

I live in Switzerland and needed to visit Toronto Canada because of my business trip.
I had recommendation from my friend of Monte Carlo Vaughan Suites and it was perfect place me to stay.

While I was staying there, friendly staffs were being my friend and the room especially the mattress was so comfortable.

The hotel was serving continental breakfast and I love the feature of the restaurant and the pastries were awesome!!

Especially I thank to Eliset, Nadia and Telvia so much.

I definitely guarantee to recommend this hotel to all the readers for comfortable stay. :)

Room Tip: Adriatico Suite
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had a spotless, big room, beautiful decorated, with great, luxurious beds and good quality linens. All the staff was extremely friendly, inviting, helpful, efficient and professional.
The complimentary breakfast is the perfect way to start the day - with a newspaper and a cup of coffee or tea, fresh fruits, bagels, croissants, pastries, cereals or yogurt. Everything was very fresh and beautifully presented.
The Monte Carlo Inn in Vaughan is more than your standard hotel - it's very nice decorated and it feels more like a small luxurious hotel. It is a great value for the money and I was pleasantly surprised by how great we were treated by all the stuff - again, it felt more like the treatment you get in a luxurious hotel. I would recommend this place and I would return next time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights recently, on a business trip. My room was spotless, pleasantly decorated and had 2 great beds, a desk and ergonomic chair and wifi. There is a small fridge and a coffeemaker, an ironing board and the usual amenities. The cleaning staff were pleasant and efficient, as were all staff I met. The hotel provides a nice complimentary breakfast buffet and also has a menu to order other hot breakfast items. The buffet does not include eggs or bacon but does have yogurt, delicious fresh diced fruit bowl, cereals, bagels and toasts, croissants. muffins, sweet pastries, jams and jellies, fruit juices and coffee and tea. Everything is fresh, spotlessly presented and you're allowed unlimited trips. I found my stay was great value for the money and exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Vancouver BC Area, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Had a one night stay it was convenient and clean and staff were friendly enough.... after they had me wait while they chatted in the back room while I was checking out. they should get a system to make sure there isn't anyone else out there instead of only one person checking people out of the hotel. but it was a minor issue. Wouldn't do the breakfast many other options available. Big room good price for the area

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Room is quite nice. Clean with a fridge and microwave. The bed was comfortable.

No pool which is a little surprising. The restaurant on site is adequate but really more a coffee shop - lots of places nearby if you have a car.

Breakfast is included but surprisingly limited. And you have to get a ticket from the front desk in the morning. Sort of surprising considering how everywhere else just puts out food.

Price is pretty well the same as other local places so might as well stay elsewhere.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple