“Convenience”

Monte Carlo Inn Vaughan Suites
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Service--Service was exquisite.

Value--The price may seem steep, but is worth the value for staying a few days.

Sleep Quality--Sleep quality was excellent and the beds were great.

Cleanliness--Cleanliness was outstanding. They pay excellent attention to detail with their hotel.

Location--This is a perfect location on the outskirts of Toronto, and is very convenient to Canada's Wonderland, which is one of my favorite parks.

Rooms--The room was excellent without any issues at all. WiFi was incredible, and quite fast.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to all travelers. Convenience is king with this awesome hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Valedc03ls
There are newer reviews for Monte Carlo Inn Vaughan Suites

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I would have given this hotel a much higher rating, but it's poor management communication resulted in a poor rating!

We stayed here for 6 days between 5th and 11th June, as we were attending a conference in Toronto. We booked from the UK using my Debit Card to secure the booking. When I arrived they used my debit card to take payment for the booking - which is standard.

The hotel is clean and the rooms are also clean and you can have a free continental breakfast or pay for the cooked breakfast. We chose to have the continental breakfast and ate out for lunch and dinner as there are more varied restaurants nearby. Room cleaning can take forever! One day we returned at 3:15pm and the room had not been cleaned, we were so tired that we told the cleaner not to bother cleaning the room that day.

We checked out on the 11th June and on checking out they took the final payment for my booking which was less than the initial amount taken at the beginning!!!! One day later I noticed that I could not access the credit balance in my bank account which I felt was as a result of the Monte Carlo inn payment. On contacting my bank they explained to me that it was indeed Monte Carlo Inn but because they had put a hold on to secure the payment my bank could do nothing. I would need to contact them and get them to release the hold on my account. I telephoned from the UK and informed the receptionist. I was put through to an extension which rang and rang and then finally went through to the voicemail. I left my mobile number to be contacted on. I had no response and so the following day I had to phone back again! I complained to the receptionist and was told that it takes 2 - 3 days for the monies to be released back into my account. I was then put through to an extension that rang and went to voicemail even though the receptionist had informed me that the person she was putting me through to, was in the office! I left another voice message but decided to phone back again and complain to the receptionist. When I did this I was put through to the extension of the individual with whom I had left the voice message. He informed me that he tried to phone me back - apparently he had taken my number down incorrectly! He explained that it would take up to 5 days (by this time it was 5 days following my return to the UK and taking into account the time difference, it was going into the 6th day! He said he would check with their accounts department and would get back to me - taking my landline number. I heard nothing back from them that day! The following day I saw that the monies were released - which frustratingly meant I was late in paying some of my direct debits, thankfully I did not go overdrawn on my account during this period! Today, two weeks later, no one has had the decency to phone back to say they have resolved the complaint from their end - despite promising to do so, or to enquire whether I have received my monies. Therefore I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone from overseas, my experience of the poor client management skills shows how woefully lacking they are in this most important area!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Patricia D
Reviewed 9 June 2014

If you are looking for a nice, clean, easy to get to hotel this one is for you.
We have stayed at this hotel a few times now and we are never disappointed!
The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are extremely clean and well kept, I am a stickler for cleanliness and this hotel exceeds many others in the Vaughan area.
Also the water pressure is great in the shower!! (many other hotels it is like a mist coming out of the shower head)
Parking is free and staff is very friendly.
Restaurants are in walking distance, Walmart is around the corner and Vaughan Mills Mall is a short 5 minute drive.
Our new favorite place to stay in Vaughan!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank duppa
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights on a visit to Canada's Wonderland. Hotel was very good, but not amazing. Staff was very friendly, which is extremely important, and I got a great deal via a blind bidding website.

Location is wonderful, if you have a car, and this hotel is near numerous dining, shopping, and entertainment options. My room was very good, but not amazing. However, it was quite large, with a fake fireplace and a lot of space. I believe this type of room is considered a suite, and it certainly was large enough for the designation, even though it was only one room (plus bathroom). One of the lights was out in the room, and it seemed like the "fireplace" could have been pulled from the wall easily if someone wanted to trash the room, but otherwise, the room was exactly where it needed to be in terms of comfort and amenities.

The one area this hotel gets a deduction is the complimentary breakfast buffet. There is very little choice, and I didn't find it to be very good, in my humble opinion. While you can order better food a la carte, I think that this hotel should either improve the complimentary offering, or offer various choices for purchase, similar to some Courtyard hotels.

Decor in my opinion was also lackluster, which isn't big for me, but I do prefer a contemporary style, which is not what this hotel has. It did seem very clean to me, and I had no major issues.

Overall, I would say this is a very good hotel. Taking amenities/price range into account, this hotel just misses an excellent rating. It has some very large rooms, a friendly and helpful staff, and is in a great location if you have a car!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank sxl95
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is more concerned with getting your money than customer service. From the people at the front desk being cold, to the lame continental breakfast, I would go anywhere but here. There was a plaque in the bathroom warning us of damages and consequences? The girls in the restaurant and pretty much like bouncers with the breakfast tickets. They need to focus more on customer service and less on being the worst.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Otowngood
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice rooms, great price. Perfect for families. Great location. Close to wonderland. One of the best value hotels. No pool. Clean, modern rooms. Stayed there for a family reunion with kids. Unbetable value.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Alextar25
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have stayed at this Monte Carlo inn a few times and to be honest, it's just OK. They hold $100.00 on your credit card until you check out in case you go "rock star" in their room! As seniors, I doubt that would happen....kind of always makes me feel like a criminal. They give out breakfast vouchers, but only in the morning after they see your room key. Breakfast is sorely lacking. Terrible fruit salad! Maybe they should try to offer something a bit more substantial that bagels, toast & muffins. Oh, you can get a hot breakfast, but it comes at a $$$. We have had dinner in their restaurant & find it to be very pricey for what they offer. This is a so-so restaurant posing as a 4 star establishment. Save your $$ and take the time to find a local restaurant...which brings me to my last comments. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere in an industrial area. The only reason we stay there is because we have our vehicle serviced nearby.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Camcolgran
Adrian_Calagiu, General Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Vaughan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time and letting us know about your experience in our hotel. We, at the Monte Carlo Inn Vaughan Suites are proud of our great selection of food items available at the complimentary continental breakfast buffet offered every morning to our guests. From daily baked assorted pastries, (muffins, croissants, turnovers and cookies), fresh fruit salad made daily and freshly brewed coffee to a variety of cereals and juices, yogurt and toasted breads and bagels with butter, cream cheese and preserves.
The $100 incidental deposit it is a standard industry procedure to cover long distance phone calls, movie rentals or room service.
Consequently, I would like to take this opportunity and letting you know that Monte Carlo Inn Vaughan Suites is committed in giving the customer their complete loyalty and then to offer , the finest quality in hospitality and service for the guest at an outstanding value.
Regards,