“Clean and Spacious suites”

Monte Carlo Inn Vaughan Suites
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a "girls weekend" getaway and found the suites were clean and spacious; 2 Queen beds and a pull out couch, a small table and chairs. There were 5 of us staying (including 1 child), which cannot always be accommodated at some hotels, and we were able to get a reasonable rate a couple of weeks in advance. The hotel is easy to find, with easy access to Hwy 400, shopping, restaurants and nearby attractions (e.g. Canada's Wonderland). The bathroom was very nice and clean, I liked the one piece bathtub surround and granite countertop, there were plenty of towels. The bar fridge was big enough to hold all of our drinks, so we were happy with that. A continental breakfast was included with our room, which was just OK. The restaurant itself was quite nice, but was not set up very well for many people all trying to help themselves to breakfast. I found it too congested around the food and the tables were not organized well enough to even find an obvious path to walk. The food selection selection of food was not great, under stocked and they appeared to be understaffed as well. The hotel also did not have a pool or whirlpool, which would have been nice. I would stay again, but might not waste my time on the breakfast. No problem finding parking.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I will stick with Marriot. I booked through third party thinking I am booking a suite but boy was I in for a rude when I got there only to discover that it was a standard 1 room. First thing the customer service does is to blame the site I used to make a reservation.

I showed up with my family at around 2pm, and the room was not ready. I have always used Marriot, booked suites because I need space for my little one. It was hard being in this room, my 2 year old would say "lets go home".

Woke up next morning to the kitchen, was told to get coupons first. I found this hotel a joke but I must say the cleaning crew did a good job.

I checked out way before the time. Never again.

Room Tip: My room was facing a busy road but would say was quieter. I slept through the whole night; I was tir...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 25 August 2014

The Monte Carlo Inns believes that customer satisfaction and product consistency are the backbone of our success. It is our goal to ensure that when a customer reports an issue with our product or services, that we address the matter as quickly as possible.
We are not sure what room type was booked online however we are legally-binded to give the customer what they paid for on a third party site. Perhaps there was a miscommunication between the third party site and our hotel. We do apologize if you feel you received anything less than what you paid and can assure you this does not ever happen.
in closing, we are an organization that is passionate about what we do. We take customer comments and feedback very seriously. We will never stop working harder to ensure that each stay with the Monte Carlo Inns will be a more comfortable and positive experience.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I'm not one to complain but this place was unbelievable when it comes to customer service and I will never stay there again. We had issues with our reservations thru a third party and the manager was only interested in over charging us for our kids to stay in our room as they didn't appear on HIS paper work even though it was clearly indicated on ours. We aren't talking a lot of money but his attitude and approach toward the situation was poor at best. Not once did he say he would assist in reviewing and helping resolve the confusion and was more persistent to the point of it being our problem and nothing he could do. Prior to his appearance he kept sending inexperienced staff to deal with us and they didn't have a clue on how to deal with situations of this nature. Finally he graced us with his presence but that was all we got. Once again, I'm no whiner but this was frustrating. Customer retention is not on his agenda.This took an hour or more and then to make matters worse. they gave us the wrong room. At this point we just wanted to stay the night and get out of there.

When we arrived there was one out of two elevators out of service and the other elevator would not respond to the buttons on the main floor. There are six floors in this hotel. Of course we had the misfortune of being on the 6th floor. People were forced to walk the stairwell. On more than one occasion we came across the hotel manager without even an apology to anyone. There were elderly people walking the stairwell without assistance. When we checked out the following day neither elevator was working.

This was one of the poorest experiences of customer relations I have ever encountered.

The hotel itself is mediocre at best. You think management would make an effort to compensate with an extra boost in staff enthusiasm and interaction. Not in this place.

Who needs to pay to get treated as an inconvenience. This place needs a management shuffle at best as well as more experienced staff to deal with sensitive situations.

Room Tip: There are plenty of nicer hotels closeby to stay at. Avoid this disappointment of this location.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Adrian_Calagiu, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Vaughan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and write the review. I was surprised to see the comments you have made regarding the customer service you have received while at our hotel. I know I spoke with you and your husband and explained that the reservations are based on double occupancy and for any extra adults in the room a $10 charge will apply as stated on the third party website. Also the rates are based on double occupancy as the continental breakfast is included.

Your reservation was for 6 adults in one room and our largest room can only accommodate 4 adults in a room with 2 queen beds. The room has a pullout couch that can accommodate a child under 12 but not 2 adults. We mentioned to you that we do have rooms available in order to accommodate the 2 other people and you denied. Once you decided to stay for the night and checked in you have requested a cot for the room which was send to you, free of charge.

I strongly believe that we at the Monte Carlo Inn Vaughan Suites are committed in giving our costumers complete loyalty and offer the finest quality in hospitality and service at an outstanding value for the dollar.

Regards,

Adrian C,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 17 July 2014

stayed for 2 days for a conference nearby, an older hotel but spacious in the 2 queen beds room, clean, staff is nice, just continental breakfast, enjoyed using the fitness room all by myself, quiet location, very convenient to go shopping, has the lemon water located in the lobby all the time,

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank karyn800
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Telvia greeted us when we arrived, she was very charming with a sincere smile :) the next morning... the 2 girls never gave eye contact and not one smile :( Telivia could teach them a thing or two. Rooms clean and comfy beds and pillows, I would go back

Room Tip: ask for free upgrade or free bottle of wine in your room; I asked and received, i'll be going ba...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beginning
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were there June 29th. The lady in the dining room was very rude and yells "Good Morning" to people as they enter the dining area for breakfast to make sure she gets their vouchers. I asked her if she would get a cloth for me to clean a table. Her reply was sit somewhere else. I looked around and the only tables vacant were near the back and quite cramped for a high chair and most of those were not clean either. When we did find a suitable table we asked if there was a high chair for our grandson and she just pointed to the corner. The high chair was sticky with dirt and she really had a problem when asked if she would clean it. Cornflakes machine did not work properly had to keep hitting it and the milk jug was empty. The breakfast itself is very limited. She also started removing our dishes off our table before we were ready to leave. The room itself was clean. The fridge was not working properly, didn't even keep the babies milk cold and the closet mirrored doors were missing. For the price we paid $122.04, I suggest staying somewhere a little less expensive and have a good breakfast out.

Room Tip: Hotel has elevator and the room was free from other noises. Good sound barriers.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 4watt
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Service--Service was exquisite.

Value--The price may seem steep, but is worth the value for staying a few days.

Sleep Quality--Sleep quality was excellent and the beds were great.

Cleanliness--Cleanliness was outstanding. They pay excellent attention to detail with their hotel.

Location--This is a perfect location on the outskirts of Toronto, and is very convenient to Canada's Wonderland, which is one of my favorite parks.

Rooms--The room was excellent without any issues at all. WiFi was incredible, and quite fast.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to all travelers. Convenience is king with this awesome hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends