“Follow up with Online reservation”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
Sudbury, Canada
“Follow up with Online reservation”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The overall place is good, however I reserved online and requested interconnected rooms only to arrive with no interconnected rooms available. I was offered an upgrade on one room to a suite but this didn't work well with 3 kids and 1 king size bed. This stay would have been better if it were business and not a family stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIVaughan024, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Gaetan B,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor Community. Our sincerest apologies for us not placing you in an Interconnected room type.

My front desk team makes every effort to accommodate each guest request and we are sorry we didn't succeed with your request.

We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to stay with us again so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Thank you !

Domenic Tucci

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed with family on vacation / Great location with a lot of things to do in the immediate area / Very courteious and helpful staff who made our stay a memorable one / Would definirely return to this property when we visit the next time / Great food as well

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIVaughan024, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Ron G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel via Trip Advisor and the excellent rating 5 out of 5. I would like to personally thank-you for your kind words. We have a very simple yet meaningful saying that we live by " Be Hospitable ". We are very happy to hear that we made your stay " Memorable ".

My entire team will be thrilled to hear that their dedication to delivering superior guest service does not go unnoticed.

We look forward to your next stay with us !

Vaughan, Canada
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn in Vaughan Ontario was fantastic - the staff were professional and courteous - our room was fantastic - spacious, clean & fresh. They had a waterslide at their pool which was a huge hit for our kids and their breakfast buffet was great - selection and freshness. Highly recommend this is the place to stay in Vaughan if you have kids especially - lots to do in the area - Dave & Busters was amazing - glow in the dark mini golf was fun.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Paul H,

The Hilton Garden Inn Vaughan would like to thank you for making us your hotel of choice and the excellent rating 5 out of 5.

We are extremely happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations - and thank you for noting what a great team we have here. I will ensure to circulate and pass on your positive comments to all. I will say that Dave & Buster's is a great place to visit. I have brought my family there several times.

We look forward to your next visit.

Thank you !

Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

This was hands down the worst experience ever. They stuck me in a smoking room. They lied to me saying that I booked a smoking room. And that my Hilton Honors rewards indicated I was a smoker. They were so pathetic trying to defend their lies. I have/would never smoke. They wanted to fill the room and take my money. Avoid this hotel! Gross!

• Stayed April 2014
HGIVaughan024, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Delaney MC,

My sincerest apologies for us not placing you in the non-smoking room you requested. We make every effort to accommodate each guest's room request and are sorry we didn't succeed with your request.

Please consider staying with us the next time you are in our area and we will do everything we can to ensure we place you in the requested room.

Thank-you,

Aurora, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Quality service, staff, food and hotel. Completely satisfied and more. Site and access to major roads makes this hotel perfect in every way. Bravo to team to of staff and hotel management . A+++ every time

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIVaughan024, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Philip H,

The Hilton Garden Inn/Vaughan would like to thank you for making us your hotel of choice and the excellent rating 5 out of 5.

We are thrilled to hear we exceeded your expectations in Quality of Service and Food. This location is a great place for a Conference. Being at the Junction of Highway #400 and Highway #7 is excellent for easy access. I will ensure to pass on your positive comments to my team.

Once again thank you for the A+++ rating. We look forward to your next visit .

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Staff very friendly, got me booked in quick and gave me some good local info on getting about. Free wifi which is great, although sometimes it kicks you out and you have to login again
Rooms are large and well equipped - there was a weird buzz coming from the microwave about 1am but I unplugged it for fear of being irradiated and turned into spiderman or something by morning!
There is a dance competition on during my stay so haven't used the bar or restaurant, as it was pretty full and they all look a little intense!
There is a pool but again not used it - it does have a water slide though so maybe I'll sneak in there before I leave!
Overall a good comfortable place to stay and some good local amenities close by

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
HGIVaughan024, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Max H,

The Hilton Garden Inn/Vaughan would like to thank you for making us your hotel of choice and for taking the time to complete Trip Advisor.

We are happy to hear we exceeded your expectations in " Hotel Cleanliness ". Thank you for noticing our friendly front desk team who checked you in very quickly.- I will ensure to pass on your comments to them..

I will also follow up with our IT department in regards to our internet. We do hope you get the opportunity to use our pool and 2 story waterslide. We look forward to your next visit.

Thank-you !

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Although we booked a non-smoking room, we were place on a combined smoking/non-smoking floor. (Didn't know this split existed!) Therefore, when you got off of the elevator the whole floor smelled of marijuana. We were told by front desk staff that there was nothing they could do about it. They could not move us as the hotel was sold out. Had we known when we made our reservation we would not have stayed in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

540edd,

Thank-you for staying with us and sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor community. We are sorry to hear we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserved and assure you that this is not typical of our hotel and staff.

We are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience as satisfaction is very imporatant to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. I will personally follow up with my Front Desk team regarding this sensitive matter that you have addressed.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Thank- you.