“Beautiful clean spot with great rates and super people.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wellington
Lakeside Village Inn
Ranked #7 of 13 Wellington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 May 2013

This place is the best deal in Prince Edward County in my opinion. The rooms are all super clean and nicely done. You can't beat the location for the vineyards and the beach (check out Wellingtons own beautiful sand beach), and its right on the lake, with a fire-pit too. I have swam here every time I have stayed, there are great flat rocks right off the shore.

The owners really seem to take an interest in the place, and are pleasant and seem to enjoy what they do. I have stayed here for the last few summers and I see that it is always improving, not getting tired like many motels.

In the evening grab a spot by the campfire with your favourite beverage, it doesn't get better.

Room Tip: I always try for room 10 with the deck facing the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Just spent another couple days at my favourite place in the County! Wow,the new owners have done an incredible amount of work in the short time they've owned. I have family nearby, so we are down in the County a few times a year including a week long stay at the Village Inn for our annual Picton Sandbank holiday for the kids. I regularily write reviews of the places I stay at as I travel extensively for my work, so I like to also read the reviews from Trip Advisor. Seems like someone a few reviews back has an axe to grind as thier long winded "cudd" chewing review about this motel seems a little over the top and obviously innaccurate. It's a shame Trip Advisor allows this to happen. I've never had an issue with the friendlyness of the owners at the Village Comfort Inn. They have gone way above exectations for my family and myself. The rooms are as clean as anywhere I've ever travelled. Don't let one or "two" bad reviews from the same person (why would they come back after the first bad experience??) skew your opinion of the place. Come see it for yourself. Your not going to beat the location and the price anywhere. We'll be back! Can't wait. I love the County.

Room Tip: Convienient, Close, Clean!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Johnnkk
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I would highly recommend the Village Comfort Inn to all my friends and business associates. The rooms had been recently painted and completely redone. New flooring, fixtures and furniture. The new owners (Cheryl and Kelly), I found to be very hospitable and very friendly to the all their guests at the Inn.
The bed was very comfortable. The bed linen is washed and hung out on the line to dry daily. The rooms are immaculate. As the Inn is on Lake Ontario, it is not often there is not a breeze so an AC is not needed.
The Inn is set on a piece of property with a spectacular view of the lake. It is not far from the Picton Sandbanks and if so desired the wineries in the area are a great tourist attraction. Wellington is a small but very friendly oriented town.
I have traveled to many places and I will say without a doubt that this Inn rates very high marks for as the name says (Comfort), friendly and very obliging owners.
My week's stay was very relaxing and I was able to get work done that needed to be done. Having WiFi is just a little extra Kelly and Cheryl extend to their guests.
They are a young couple just starting out in the hospitality industry and they are doing a remarkable job at it.
Their goal is to assure their guests the very best and that is what the guests get, the very best.
I have rooms booked for my family and some friends for this year.
If you want a stay at an Inn with a view, a comfortable setting, then book at this Inn, as you will return again and again. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Roo_1_14
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I don't normally write reviews but I felt this place exceeded my expectations and I wanted to share. My husband and have been hearing so much about Prince Edward County we wanted to check it out. Both being wine enthusiasts we choose Wellington for its proximity to the majority of the wineries. We found the Village Comfort Inn online and I like that it was right on the Lake. I was shocked when we got there and actually saw the waterfront and beautiful grounds. What a view! There's a Muskoka chair situated right down on the water for you to enjoy your morning coffee, ahhh bliss. The room was nice too, all freshly painted and felt really clean -I am super anal about this kind of stuff so I was happy to not have to sleep on top of the sheets in my clothes like has unfortunately happened to me in the past. The owners were helpful and gave us a great breakfast recco which was within walking distance in town-The Tall Poppy-nice strong cappuccinos. Can't wait to come back in the summer and go for a dip in the Lake. Save your money staying at a fancy B&B-this place has it all without the pretention and price tag:)

Room Tip: Ask for the room at the very end-its closest to the Lake!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I have had the pleasure to stay in this motel twice in the last two years. The setting is perfect ; right on the lake, large grounds, close to restaurants etc. The owners / operators could not be more accommodating. We usually visit the county in the fall for the wine tours, and we would not consider any other place to stay, a real gem.
Incidentally, in checking the reviews, I noticed two that were unfavourable, although they appear to have been sent by the same person. This person must be referring to another place, as our experience was just the opposite.
Definitely two thumbs up.

Room Tip: Try for the end room
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2012

My wife and I planned on spending a week checking out PEC's Sandbanks and wineries and chose the Village Comfort Inn after seeing pictures of the property on thier website. We considered camping for the week but we saw that this motel has an amazing property right on the water, a firepit and allowed use of a few barbacues on site. We had a great time! We ended up staying here our whole week. This is a family run business and we really enjoyed the laid backness and friendlyness of the owners. The rooms are basic but very clean. They even have an old yellow lab who lies around the property and just loves people. Great location for checking out the local wineries and the sandbanks!
We ll be back next year and we'll be taking room ten with the deck this time!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Johnnkk
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I spent three nights here last week (August 14 – 16) as a single business traveller, and I couldn’t be happier with the value-for-money accommodations. Owners Kelly and Cheryl (and house-dog Marlie) were great hosts.

As a photographer, I spend a lot of time staying in hotels/motels both here in Canada and overseas in Scotland, and I’m always impressed with the service in owner/operated lodgings. It’s not what you “expect” … it’s what is happily given, the “above and beyond” that distinguishes such small family-operated operations. My laptop doesn’t have a DVD player: Kelly quickly transferred the contents to a memory stick so that I could return the original to its owner.

The location is perfect for a stay in Wellington and the Sandbanks. Located both on the main street, walking minutes away from a number of small eateries, local grocery stores and the Wellington Museum. And their waterfront location is a great place to recharge and unwind after a busy day.

I have to say that I haven’t had such a quiet night’s sleep with breezes from Lake Ontario wafting through the windows on both sides of my unit for a long time!

Thanks Cheryl and Kelly!

I’ll be back in September!

John

Room Tip: No pool, not finess centre... but I don't want to pay for amenities that I don't need!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellington
The Waring House
#5 of 5 in Picton
Drake Devonshire Inn
Drake Devonshire Inn
#2 of 13 in Wellington

Been to Lakeside Village Inn? Share your experiences!