“Delightful!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Westport B&B and Inns
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“Delightful!”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

When I turned the corner and saw The Cove Country Inn, I knew I had made a great accommodation choice. The staff are so welcoming, helpful and down to earth, it creates a lovely environment for a solo guest. Mary, one of the owners was sweet, friendly and always accommodating. Seamus and Brenley-Ann did a beautiful job with my initial calls, check-in and booking our large group for dinner on the second night. When I arrived Brenley gave me keys to several rooms and allowed me to pick my favourite. I chose a very spacious top floor room (Room 29) overlooking the water with 2 view windows, a lovely bed, antiques and a massive bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. Joy. Our friends had recommended the restaurant to us. It turned out to be so good, I did not eat anywhere else while in Westport. 2 breakfasts and 2 dinners were thoroughly enjoyed on the scenic deck overlooking both the pond and Rideau water system to the right. To be able to dine outside in October in Ontario can be a rarity. This made it all the more special. The wine list was outstanding and reasonable, the menu included great steaks, pastas, fish, vegetarian options and accompaniments such as blue cheese butter and delish garlic mashed potatoes. I enjoyed my crusted salmon entree, caesar salad and mussels... The kids liked the Children's Menu and enjoyed their lava cakes and rhubarb pie to the fullest. Both waitresses at night were terrific. I am so sorry I cannot recall their names. Was one Lisa? Special note - Seamus helped me greatly when I accidentally left 2 of my bags on the front veranda (for hours) with a new laptop hanging out. He rescued them immediately and kept them safely behind the counter for me until I returned. What a huge relief. Thank you very, very much Seamus. A great spot.

Room Tip: Take a top floor room overlooking the water. I saw three on that side and they all looked great. A...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CanadaMelanie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed for one night due to a local wedding. Food was good, excellent hot breakfast included and staff are very accommodating. There are two buildings. The main building has better rooms and the second building by the lake has an excellent view. (We booked 3 rooms). The beds were comfortable for all. Basically it is a Bed and Breakfast and not a hotel. Lacks parking and you must park on the street (not much of an issue in a small village.

We will return some day. Rick

Room Tip: Ask which building, the building by the lake has the best view but is separated from the dining area...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed at the Cove for one night on the way to Toronto, found Westport by accident and although we hadn't booked the friendly staff helped out with a great double room, the food was great with plenty of choice. The breakfast was good with locally sourced bread etc. All in all a good stay, it was a shame we couldn't have stayed longer but would again if passing this way again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bracebridge, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I recently stayed at the cove for two nights for a wedding, the small town of Westport is very cute. When we arrived it was not what I had pictured at all from the website and other review pictures, it was a little small older place, the staffw were great although we checked in and I had to ask a million questions such as where is the pool, the hot tub is a bit of a joke, smallest and oldest hot tub I have ever seen which is inside, an outdoor tub by the lake would do them some good. We stayed across the road in room 4 i think with the jucuzzi it was a small room with a big bathroom lol I was hoping for a lake view since thats what we paid for but we didn't. Breakfast was very basic but ok, lunch at the pub was great they have an awesome patio. I would stay here agaian but maybe in a nother room, I am not a fan of small spaces and our room for me was too small maybe if it had a deck or patio it would have been better. Alsono closet space was difficult being we had a suit and dress to hang and other clothes.

Room Tip: In the place across from the main Inn I heard the lakeview rooms are awesome.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kate D
Fernie, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We boated here and stayed the night. The mattress was extremely comfortable. The linens were as fine as any posh hotel we've stayed in. The room was roomy enough and was furnished with antiques. While the band was playing in the bar downstairs the whole upstairs reverberated with sound but they finished at 11 pm so wasn't too disturbing.

Stay again? Sure. As I said very comfortable. Very friendly family that owns the place and the service is great. Next time we will check out the music.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AmalfiRegina
Chelsea, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Wonderful, charming Inn. Great staff, great location. The shopping is great in Westport, but there are other things to do as well such as hiking Foley Mountain close by, visiting Chaffy's and Jones Falls locks. The food at the Inn was pub type fare but tasty. They make a mean hot turkey sandwich, with real turkey gravy- yum, yum. We will definitely be back in the future!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 21 which was over the outdoor patio. There was live music in the afternoon but thi...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Had an awesome weekend at the Cove Inn. Loved the house across the street with bayview. I think the best thing is that they are flexible. My mother (86 years old) and I went for a girls weekend - didn't want to do the dining room first night - no problem - ordered food and ran across the street and picked up dinner (on plates, etc.) and ate out on the deck of the house across the street. Very friendly staff and excellent accommodations - going back in August with a girlfriend!

The only thing I would change would be a partnership with the spa to have toiletries in the room - I expected them and left my stuff at home - they gave me stuff, but I think it is a lost marketing opportunity for both businesses.

Room Tip: queen room in the house overlooking the bay - with a separate front room with a jacuzzi (lots of spa...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
Hotel Kenney
#4 of 5 in Perth
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 4 in Smiths Falls

Been to Cove Country Inn Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!