“A Hidden Gem”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Zephyr
HighFields Country Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Zephyr B&B and Inns
auroura
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 14 August 2009

We all have busy lifestyles now a days but when life becomes too busy I have a place for YOU! Highfield Country Inn & Spa - located in Zephyr, ON - trust me it's worth the drive!
To me there is nothing better than knowing at the end of the day that I am have an hour massage at Highfield’s, the drive is part of the whole experience the serene country side, the winding driveway up to the top of the hill where you find an Country Inn hidden amongst nature. As soon as you enter the building you are greeted by a friendly ‘hello’ and taken to a change out of your daily clothes into a soft terry robe. (the beginning of the transformation from stressed to relaxed)
As I wait for my massage I lounge on comfy leather couch in front of a large stone fireplace (which I know is gorgeous in the winter when it’s roaring)
Lisa was my masseuse she instructs me to follow her, we entered a private, dimly lit room, where there is soft wave music playing and a collage of photographs covering over 80 countries that she has visited. I change and crawl under the covers of the table to find that it was warm & soft. I snuggled in for the beginning of my treatment.
After my hour of pure pleasure Lisa offers me hot tea and a complimentary sauna to complete my transformation.
I would recommend Highfield’s Country Inn & Spa to anyone – I find the atmosphere is relaxing and comfortable; the staff is friendly, knowledgeable, current on new techniques & always learning something new.
Some of the treatments I have experienced are...

Pedicure
Seaweed Body Wrap
Organic Facial
Canadian Sea Flora Hydrotherapy Body Wrap
Full Body Massage with Hot Stone

Feel free to contact me if you have specific questions.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 13 August 2009

I was really catered to. From special meals for being diabetic (type 2) to various types of massages.

The location was breathtaking, the large bedroom was extremely clean.

Getting to know your hosts one on one is what really made the stay great.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
ontario
Reviewed 5 July 2009

I booked a single room which was a little disappointing as it was located beside the reception desk. So everyone that came in you can hear it.

The other reveiw on the web site about them being pushed for meals I experenced the same thing. At the time of my booking, the reception said you have to eat and that there was nowhere around to eat. I booked one dinner and two breakfasts for the two nights that I was staying there. Once I was there, I was told that there was a nearby pub which I went to and there was a restaurant in a town nearby.

I went to use the jacuzzi tub and when i turned the tub on, black stuff flew out of the jets , so I shut the jets off and the water was pouring in the tub it looked yellowish, So I stopped the water and drained it . That was the end of that as it was disgusting.

Through my experence at night, I found that all staff does go home and I was given emergency contact number to contact a staff member nearby, or if I remember correctly, one did live on site.

I made sure that I was very quiet as the sounds of walking or anything else is very transmittable through the rooms. It's like walking past your room of your own home.

I didn't experience anything negative in regards to the spa. I thought Lisa was very pleasant and knowledgeable of what she was doing . The view from the pool was great. I liked the dinner it was good but didn't care for the breakfast. Here's why. They were trying to serve me only fruit as opposed to a regular type of breakfast. I wasn't full from the fruit and asked for some eggs which I was provided.

I wouldn't go back as once is enough for me. Like I stated was ok, but not great.

• Stayed April 2006, travelled solo
2 Thank speedergoalie1
highfields1, Owner at HighFields Country Inn and Spa, responded to this review, 23 July 2009
A Standard Room is located behind reception which is closed at 5:30 pm and does not re-open until 9:30 am. We have had a therapist live on site for the past number of years. Currently the owners also live on site. Until the owners moved on site the receptionist gave all overnight guests the telephone number of the therapist living on site for emergency purposes.

HighFields is a rural property with a well. There are minerals in the water and if these appear when a tap is first turned on, letting the tap run will clear any build up of minerals. The water is tested monthly as per the requirements of the Department of Health.

We have not had a restaurant or a chef for the past year. We recommend a local restaurant for brunch, lunch or dinner and their menu can by found by a click through on our site. However if guests choose to have breakfast, lunch or dinner at HighFields, there is a set menu and price on our web site. We offer this simply as a convenience for guests who do not want to go out to a restaurant or do not want to order local delivery. Fresh fruit, power bars and herbal teas are complimentary for spa guests in the spa kitchenette.
GTA
Reviewed 25 May 2009

My girlfriends and I have been going to Highfields for about 5 years. When we leave we are always completely relaxed, refreshed and rejeuvenated.

Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2009

We spent 2 nights at the HighFields Inn and Spa to celebrate our nieces 40th birthday. The 4 of us stayed in 2 separate rooms. The place was spotless - absolutely clean and tidy. The grounds were lovely with a gorgeous expansive high level view of lower lands.
We live in Toronto and were not sure if this spot would be enough of a getaway, but we were instantly relaxed. The spa treatments are top notch. They offer a very wide variety of choices including detox and health related services. We loved everything we did so much, that we wanted to do more and the staff accomodated our request for additional services. Norma, the owner, was wonderful and gracious. We asked her a million questions about the Inn and Spa treatments and she so patiently answered all our questions. She prepared a lovely continental breakfast each morning. She even took into account my food sensitivities when I mentioned them. The spa team were wonderful and did a great job. The 4 of us all said Highfields was the #1 spa and inn we'd been to and the place we wanted to return. We've also had similar getaways at Grailsprings and the BenMiller Inn.
Thanks to Norma, Lisa, Michelle, Lynn and everyone else who made our stay a memorable and enjoyable one!
MS Toronto

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Ontario
Reviewed 12 May 2009

Have been a regular/repeat client for six years. Norma, Lisa and staff are fab and make the experience truly enjoyable. Have been to other spas like St. Anne's and Highfield is just as professional, offerning top-notch care and services. Not pretentious in the least, which is what really draws me back time and time again, either on my own, with my mother and with my females friends. It doesn't get any better than Highfields.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2007

My boyfriend and I booked a room here for our anniversary. We were so looking forward to a relaxing weekend away.

I should have clued into the fact that the Highfields was maybe not going to provide us with the kind of getaway we were hoping for by the harassing emails that they sent in the week prior to our visit.

They were adamant about having us to commit to eating all of our meals there, but I was reluctant to agree to that since the menu didn't look that appealing: as it turned out, thank goodness I didn't.

As soon as we arrived I was disappointed with the place. It was simply not up to the standards of the other Ontario resorts that I've stayed at.

Firstly, there was no one there to greet us. We showed up at 9:00 and all of the staff had gone to bed. They had left a note on the front desk indicating that we could find our room at the end of the hall.

The rooms lacked privacy to the point where we felt uncomfortable carrying on a normal conversation because we weren't sure if we could be heard in the neighbouring rooms.

We were pressured into massages which I was hesitant to agree to since they were so overpriced. After initially agreeing to get one for each of us, I tried to back out of but was informed that I was going to be charged for them whether we got them or not.

The massages themselves were mediocre but the entire experience leading up to them was unspectacular. They had us change into robes in a closet-of-sorts and store our clothing in high school-style lockers.

They provided us with used flip flops to wear for the walk down to the massage rooms in the basement of the resort.

The only redeeming part of the weekend was that we now have a hilarious story to tell for the rest of our lives when asked about our disastrous 2 year anniversary.

I can't believe that we spent as much as a flight to Europe on this dump! Oh well, hopefully our bad experience will save someone else from having to stay here.

• Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank ChazzaToronto
highfields1, Owner at HighFields Country Inn and Spa, responded to this review, 20 March 2009
HighFields is owned and operated by a mother/daughter team, mother being an esthetician and daughter being a registered massage therapist.

Our intention is to provide a friendly professional service which is substantiated by the fact that approximately 75% of our business is repeat clients and referrals.

Our overnight guests tell us they like the cozy atmosphere and some refer to HighFields as their home away from home.

Up until recently the dining room was always rented to chefs, independent of HighFields. At one time we made the reservations for the chefs. I have no idea why anyone would feel as if they were being coerced into making dining reservations when it was of no monetary value to HighFields.

We invite anyone to go to our web site and check the testimonials of guests. Constructive criticism is always welcome, but not destructive criticism.

Norma Daniel, Spa Director, HighFields
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zephyr
The Briars
Newmarket Inn
#3 of 4 in Newmarket
Best Western Voyageur Place Hotel
No photo provided

Been to HighFields Country Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!