“Made for the perfect afternoon outing to get away from the city!”

Argyle Shore Provincial Park
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Bonshaw
Sydney, Canada
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Made for the perfect afternoon outing to get away from the city!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I had some time to kill in the Charlottetown area before catching the ferry back to Nova Scotia so I approached an employee at a tourist bureau to ask for some suggestions on where to find a beach or picnic park to enjoy the afternoon. The person I spoke with suggested I try Argyle Shore Provincial Park which was about an hour away. The drive was pretty scenic with rolling fields, old homes with large farmlands and, eventually, some coastline. I arrived at Argyle Shore Provincial Park and was, at first, a little disappointed to discover that there wasn’t really much of a sandy beach. It was a strip of rocky beach that could only be reached by descending a huge set of stairs. I was interested in visiting one of those long, sandy beaches PEI is known for. However, once I descended those stairs and started exploring the area, I realized it was in fact very beautiful. A small waterfall fell from the cliffs at the bottom of the stairs, the red coastline gleamed in the afternoon sun and contrasted with the very green landscape away from the coast. I spent about an hour there admiring the view, having a picnic and relaxing in the sun. Turns out, it made for the perfect afternoon outing to get away from the city!

Visited July 2014

Canada
103 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Stinky!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was here 3 years ago and had loved this beach so much! We "saved" it for our last day at PEI but we ended p having to leave. The stink was unbearable, it made me retch. The seaweed and other ocean stuff washed onto the shore and created a big dirty, stinky mess. Hard to decide if it was rotting seafood or some sort of sewage but it was bad bad bad!

Visited July 2014
Richmond, Virginia
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Beautiful Red Sand Shores”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had never seen a red sand beach before this trip to PEI. Argyle Shores Provincial Park was a beautiful, quite area where we could appreciate the island's famous red sand. The upper part of the park offers a grassy area for picnics and deck to overlook the beach. There were only a few other people exploring the shore, so we were able to take in the natural beauty of the beach. Some of the other beaches that we visited, even in Prince Edward Island National Park, were crowded with tourists. Argyle Shores Provincial Park is a more peaceful place to enjoy the coast and hunt for shells and other ocean-life.

Visited June 2014
Montreal, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Amazing great red beach”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Argyle shore is the reddest of all beaches on P.E.I.

I personally loved the place.
Been the P.E.I. before but this place was my favorite by far and no one bothers you since the beach is so wide and long.

It is about 20 min. drive from the Confederation Bridge.

AMAZING!!!

by the way... Don't forget to wash your body with the Argyle sand/mudd, makes then you wash in the ocean, at night you will soon realize how soft your skin is!!!

GREAT GREAT GREAT experience!!!!

FREE PARKING/FREE ENTRANCE