Almost Home Cottages
Brackley Beach North Winds(Brackley Beach)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$121
Dalvay by the Sea Hotel(Dalvay)(Great Value!)
US$180
  • Pool
US$67
US$100
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 October 2009

After reading the comments previously written i feel i have to give "Almost Home" some positive feedback.
My husband, mother in law, and 5 year old son had a wonderful time while staying at "Almost Home Cottages". The proprietors went above and beyond to make our stay an enjoyable experience, The cottage was cozy and inviting and the pool was as added bonus for our family. It states no where it is heated and personally i find there is nothing like a refreshing dip on a hot summers day. The accommodation was wonderful and just what we were looking for. We had a wonderful time and will recommend it to all of our family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank EddieEdmunston
Reviewed 1 October 2009

From the web site, I thought this would be a great place to relax. I live on a busy street in Halifax and I was hoping for a relaxing vacation in the country. Unfortunately, our cottage was close to the road and I heard just as much noise as at home. We have a small backyard and this place looks like the pool has swallowed up the entire play area and as a result there was not much room for my kids to play in. The one good thing was that they were close to CNG cottages. CNG have an on-site store and bakery which made the best of pies and fresh coffee. Next time I will remember and book at CNG cottages so that I can have a more comfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2009

Although the weather was dissapointing the same could not be said about our cottage at Almost Home. The cottage was modern, clean and bright and had everything in it that we were looking for. It was just like coming home after a day on the beach, the children loved the new swimming pool and all the the outdoor things to play on.
Needless to say we will be going back.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank frednb1
Reviewed 28 August 2008

My sister and I were quite impressed with the pictures that were posted on their website and with the testimonials left by people who previously stayed at the cottages. Also, when I spoke with the owner over the telephone, she was very pleasant and most accommodating. However, when my sister and I arrived at the cottage we were very disappointed and the cottage was certainly not worth the $120.00/night. Although, relatively clean, the cottage we stayed at, smelled like mildew. The sofa bed smelled so badly we could not stomach sitting or sleeping on it. The double bed was very hard and the furniture looked like it was bought at flea markets, 30 years ago. The cottage was also very tiny and very noisy (the walls were paper thin). The cottages were located next to a busy road and when trucks drove by, the cottage shook. There was also very little privacy. My sister and I were hoping for some peace and quiet, but sadly, this was not achieved at these cottages. On the plus side, there was a small pool, swings for children, and the grounds were well-maintained. Also, Brackley Beach was beautiful!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank acadian65