“Love this place”

The Dunes Studio Gallery & Cafe
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I have been dining here for years now, chef Emily is second to none her food is fantastic. The grounds are beautiful, the art and atmosphere are one of a kind, nothing else like it on PEI. The best food on PEI.

All reviews
"pei"
in 29 reviews
"treasure"

Reviewed 12 January 2013

The store was full of interesting trinkets, some seemed a tad over priced, but the quality and workmanship were amazing, so I guess they are worth it. Didn't really look at the gallery or cafe. The garden in the back is what caught my attention & my sister and I spent a good hour back there, taking pictures and just enjoying the beauty and serenity of the space. I cannot wait to go back! It is a place I plan on stopping at, everyone I am in PEI

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We were delighted to discover the Dunes is not only a lovely restaurant serving well-crafted and delicious food but also one of the (very) few providers of espresso coffee on the island outside of Charlottetown.

After days of eating so-so and uninspiring meals at other spots on the Island, we were so very thankful to find a place that takes care and pride in the food and service they provide. We will be back.

The service was excellent and also was a good spot for kids.

The galleries are interesting as well - lots of furniture friendly artwork and crafts by local and Canadian artists/craftspersons.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

The selection of products at this gallery and the quality of the products is exceptional, A+++.

Then there is the amount displayed and available for purchase...You can go up and down stairs, in and out of little nooks and crannies, see artists and crafts people at their work, the selection is phenomenal.

You can buy art for your walls, art for your tables, art for your cabinets, jewelery, clothing, furniture, glass works, woodworks, metal works, stone works, stationary paper, whole sets or individual pieces of stoneware dishes, ... I was simply in awe. The furniture downstairs could be used for your office, kitchen, dining room, bedroom, whatever, it simply took my breath away. I did not think the price asked for this furniture was exorbitant in the least for custom made furniture of this quality. The tables and desks were made of solid pieces of wood. You would easily pay that much and more in Calgary for furniture of inferior quality that was not hand made.

Really, this is the place to buy some momento of you having dropping in this studio while visiting PEI. Prices range from low to high, there is something for everyone. This studio also ships purchases, although I never did check into the prices associated for such.

The owner also goes regularly to Indonesia and surrounding area so there are Asian type products for purchase as well.

The grounds outside are also immaculate. There is also a bistro on site for some eats, although we never sampled the food there.

The studio is easily located on the scenic north cottage road, by the Brackley Beach area. It is an easy and scenic drive from Charlottetown.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 October 2011

It is a must to visit in PEI! We went there on the end of our trip to PEI and we wished we had gone there earlier. The gardens are magnificent and there is the most amazing driftwood furniture for sale in the gardens, not cheap though, $1500 Canadian for a chair.

There is a gallery of paintings and they are beautiful! So many artists are on display. Throughout the Dunes there is a huge variety of things you might want to buy, souvenirs, things for your kitchen, jewellery of all sorts ranging from economical to very pricey. I just loved everything there! It's a great place to buy unique things for that someone special in your life.

There is a restaurant on site and though it did look like a great menu, it wasn't for us. I have shellfish allergies and we were also travelling with my toddler so there wasn't much of a menu choice for either of us.

1  Thank Canada-Malibu-Barbie