We rented cottage #1 for five nights and enjoyed it very much. Our cottage was plain with a bedroom, sitting room with coffee maker & micro frig and bath; perfect for our needs. We also got a pair of comfortable wooden chairs just outside and enjoyed relaxing outside with our books. Our cottage was rustic but very comfortable. We had no trouble with bugs inside but the mosquitoes are very plentiful and vicious especially around dusk. There were cans of insect repellant at the front desk for guests' use but I recommend taking your own. The property is right on an inlet off the bay so I guess the mosquitoes come with the pleasant view. We enjoyed the kayaks that were available. The staff was also friendly and accommodating. In contrast to the cottages, the restaurant is quite upscale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shaw's Hotel is a charming historic inn and cottages property with a large property and great location. It's adjacent to Brackley Beach --- one of PEI's best beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Shaw's Hotel and Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shaws Hotel Charlottetown
- Shaw's Hotel And Cottages Brackley Beach, Prince Edward Island