My husband and I stayed at Shaw's one weeknight in June and found it a very quiet, peaceful, and relaxing place. My favourite thing was the trail to the ocean, and the beach itself. We went for walk along the beach by ourselves after supper, and we literally had about 5 kms of white sand to ourselves.
The food was excellent and the staff professional and friendly. We stayed in the inn, and I loved the atmosphere. It was low-key, definitely not gaudy and touristy, and was decorated with tasteful cottage-like turn-of-the-century furniture and decor.
Although built in the 19th century, our private bath was modern and the shower was nice and hot.
I recommend this place for couples, retirees, and families. Definitely go in the low season during the week if you want to enjoy a quiet, relaxing atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shaw's Hotel is a charming historic inn and cottages property with a large property and great location. It's adjacent to Brackley Beach --- one of PEI's best beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Shaw's Hotel and Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shaws Hotel Charlottetown
- Shaw's Hotel And Cottages Brackley Beach, Prince Edward Island