Shining Waters - Ingleside Resort
  • Pool
Silverwood Motel(Cavendish)
Bay Vista Motel(Cavendish)
View Hotel
All reviewsshining waterscavendish beachbreakfast couponscleaning supplieswalk in showercleaning staffnational parkgreen gablesbedroom cottagecoffee makerbed and breakfastswimming poolshort drivebeds were comfortableair conditioningnorth rusticoprince edward island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2013

First of all this place is walkign distance to green gables and the red cliff shores, you cant beat the location for beauty. I've been here twice ove the past 7 years and I have to say I had a really good time both visits here. The B&B in the main house was delightful and this past time for my honeymoon in the bachelor cottage, had all we needed and even cooked out a couple times. It was a nice accomodation, front dest had passes we could use at the national park as well (if available, limited number). The only downfall is after about 7 in PEI things close, wheras in places like Charlottetown its open a bit later and more is in walking distance. You are also in the heart of the (small) touristy side of the island here. I would definately return in the future after trying some other areas of the island. For a first time PEI-er I would say its a good choice. Price vs. Value comparison I think also makes it a top pick as well.

Room Tip: try the cottages for a more home feel and a kitchen to eat in. Market down the road is a good place to stock up on dinners of local produce and meats.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stayed at the Ingleside Motel, 2 double beds, full bath, fridge, tv, table&chairs. Pretty basic, but clean and worked just fine for 5 of us. Outdoor pool was great for the kids, location was good to access Cavendish beach and surrounding area. Cheapest place I stayed for our 10day vacay and I'd stay there again - had everything we needed.

2  Thank andrea a
Reviewed 24 August 2012

There were numerous issues with this resort. We stayed at the Inn which is the old original building on the site. The cottages and other facilities appear to have been added later and looked more modern. When we made the reservation, it would have been nice to know that the room was probably the smallest one on PEI. The double bed was tucked up against the wall on one side and you had to crawl over each other to get in or out. The floors are tilted from age and you have to watch your step as you're headed downhill when you get out of bed! A simple heads-up before we booked might have permitted us to choose a larger room or cottage. They didn't give us that option.

We are not overly critical of Inns or hotels that are very old as we know they can only be updated so much. However, we do have a problem with establishments where the staff/owners know of problems or issues and don't bother to fix them!

#1: The TV in our room worked when we first got there, then quit entirely later in the evening. The desk was closed, so I decided to worry about it in the morning. When I went to the desk in the morning, the clerk and maintenance man were chatting. I mentioned my TV didn't work and the clerk said, "Oh, you must be in the room where the TV is plugged into the same circuit as the overhead light." Well, duh, why didn't I think of that! Why didn't the clerk (the same one who checked me in the day before) tell me in advance? Then, the maintenance man says he could easily fix it with an extension cord run to a different circuit. When we returned to the room that evening, no extension cord or fix for the problem. Guess he couldn't be bothered.

#2: Forget internet access, the wireless there is worthless. We had to sit on the front steps of the Inn to get a signal. Of course the staff was aware and the owners could easily install wireless boosters, but didn't. If you advertise free wireless, it ought to work.

I can say the bed was comfortable, even though it took up 3/4 of the room. So, my advice to the Inn owners, fix things rather than have lame excuses for problems that have easy low cost solutions. I can tolerate anything except excuses and an unwillingness to correct known problems. I would never stay there again or recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask about the size of the room and internet access before booking!
3  Thank Bill W
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Unfortunately, I had to cancel my trip before the Trip began. I had booked the Shining Waters in PEI for my Granddaughter and myself, with hopes to visit Historic Anne of Green Gables. The Trip had to be cancelled. The folks at the Shining Waters, were so understanding, and pleasant to deal with. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a warm and friendly atmosphere. Isn't that Part and Parcel of a Great Holiday, having Friendly People to welcome you!

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We recently stayed at the Inn.. the room was clean, but pricey! Having said that it does include a breakfast, passes for the beach, and passes for the Green Gables House. So when you factor it all in, not that bad. I loved the history as told to us by a very personable inn keeper. The room as I mentioned was very clean and we had a large jacuzzi tub in our suite.. the problem was the bed... it was a large king sized sleigh bed.. and we had to sleep with our heads at the foot of the bed...as it sloped down at the front.. (large slope). I believe that a little time and money would go a long way in the INN itself.. like starting with new or painted doors in the upstairs inn rooms.. it is dark and dingy with 60 -70's style pannelling on the walls. The decorations on the doors... straw hats have been hanging there i'm sure for 25 years... they need to come down... seriously when paying $200.00 per night..I think we can do a bit better. Amazing what some white paint will do to recover and foster what this old inn is craving to give you.. which is a feeling of island whimsy and comfortable historical surroundings.

The breakfast at Rachels was good, very traditional, nothing to get excited about... but hot and good service. I wouldn't choose the inn again.. but i'm glad we did go and try it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple