“Satisfied with our Stay”

Green Gables Bungalow Court Cottages
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. The location is perfect as we wanted to be close to the water park. The cottage was clean, we enjoyed the pool, and the playground was great for our child. The staff was also friendly. The only thing we didn't like was the shower. There was no tub, just a shower and our little guy doesn't get showers yet. The shower was so small that he wouldn't even get in it because there was no way to not be under the flow of the water - super small. I asked if they had cottages with tubs and I was told no. Other than that it was nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tgw375

Reviewed 24 August 2014

The Cottages were maintained and the grounds were well kept. They are well located, close to many attractions, restaurants, and beaches. Found the check in and the telephone booking staff very friendly. Upon check-in they informed me that check-out was at 10am. I thought that was early. She said that 10:30 would be okay.. The pool was outdoors and clean. I have stayed in other places in Cavendish in the past and I found these cottages to be very small, in comparison. I also found the lighting in the cottages to be very dull and dark. I felt a little rushed out the next morning when I was approach by a worker who said that I had to be checked out by now. Maybe if I stayed more than one night, my experience would have been better.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed here on August 1 and enjoyed the stay. The cabins are rustic, with pine trim inside and painted shingles/clapboard outside. The unit we rented (same as others we have rented from these guys in the past) has a really small kitchen with fridge & stove. No dishwasher but we didn't expect to see one. They had a TV - daughter was happy that they had Tele-toons.

One bonus is that each cottage has a BBQ (Other cabins we've rented have a limited number that guests have to share).

They also have a pool that we really enjoyed. The water was warm (not sure if heated, but did see a solar blanket rolled up on the pool deck). I liked that that the pool has a salination water treatment system (not treated with chlorine). They also had a fantastic playground which was new since our last stay. These folks are very family friendly - I recall staying here years ago and being loaned a high chair for the week.

There is limited grocery shopping in the area so bring your specialty items from home.

There is a fantastic beach in the Cavenidish park, but you have to pay to take your car (or be willing to walk a long ways). We drive to Rustico and park past the wharf, and use that beach for free.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 6 nights & did the family fun package. Getting a parks pass was awesome!!
We stayed in their largest cottage. It was perfectly fine for our family of 4.
Cottages were clean and well maintained.
The shower was a touch small and we could have used a bit more shelf space in the bathroom.
The couple who run the place are very sweet and friendly.
The pool was nicely kept. The grounds well maintained.
Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank H H
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I recently spent 2 nights at the Green Gables Cottages. Our 1 bedroom cottage was small, but perfect for just the 2 of us. It wasn't the Ritz, but was very clean and appeared to be freshly painted (at least the inside). The mini kitchen was well-stocked with dishes and necessities. The only complaint I would have is that the shower was exceptionally small with such high water pressure that it sprayed above the shower wall, misting everything in the bathroom.

The location was perfect. Overall, I thought the town of Cavendish was a little "touristy" for my tastes, but the cottages were basically next door to Green Gables national park, making it a perfect location for exploring all things "Anne". Would definitely consider staying here again if we get to return to PEI.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Erin M
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We rented one of these cottages on our first visit to PEI , I can not image anywhere being more clean welcoming and centrally located. We enjoyed all of the neighboring attractions. Our cousins rented the cottage next door. We shared the cooking chores and sat outside to enjoy the lovely cool evening in the shade. Did I mention shade? Most cottage compound have been built on cleared land and have little on no shade, the green Gables is an exception to this rule. The cottages are as cute and well maintained as they look in the photos. We had such a lovely time we came back again and so did our cousins! We will never stay anywhere else on the North Shore.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank C W
Reviewed 3 September 2013

really enjoyed our stay. with an in ground pool along with the well kept grounds, these folks do a great job of making their guests feel at home and have a relaxing stay while on the island..the rates were very good for staying in downtown Cavendish and would definitely recommend these cottages.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple