“A fun stop”

Ripley's Believe it or Not!
Ranked #8 of 15 things to do in Cavendish
More attraction details
Owner description: Check out our new interactive exhibits, like the Spin Browser or the Color Brite wall! Go on a worldly adventure with genuine shrunken heads and the worlds tallest man. Ripley travelled the world collecting hundreds of oddities. See fossilized dinosaur eggs, portrait of Ray Charles made of confetti, an authentic shrunken head, amazing 10-ft. moving robot made of car parts, life-size matchstick dolphin. 14 galleries of rare collections from around the world... what an adventure! Unique illusions and interactives, with bizarre videos.
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We visited this museum per the request of our 13 year old son. We were pleasantly surprised of what we saw and learned at this museum. There are plenty of quirky and memorable displays; however, the giant Lite Brite was our highlight. I had my reservations about going to this museum after having a disappointing visit several years ago in Niagara Falls; however, if we come back to PEI, we will definitely visit again!

Jessica C, Director of Sales at Ripley's Believe it or Not!, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and that you had fun on the Color Brite wall! Thank you for your review!

All reviews
"wax museum"
in 14 reviews
"interesting things to see"
"rainy day"
"artifacts"
in 5 reviews
"passes"

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

My kids enjoyed it but we only managed to spend about 40 minutes here. I don’t think we have ever flown through a museum type venue so quickly. I was here when I was young and visiting the island and now I’ve brought my own kids I don’t really feel the need to return during future island visits.

Jessica C, Director of Sales at Ripley's Believe it or Not!, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you felt the experience was lacking. Since we purchased the property three years ago, the Odditorium has seen significant changes. In 2016, we unveiled changes to our lobby and exterior as well as over 30 new exhibits throughout the property. In 2017, we updated two of our galleries including the development of our interactive gallery with a Colour Brite Wall and a Spin Browser. This continues in 2018 as we unveil or Amazonian Makeover Interactive as well as our Make a Pet Interactive that allows you to create your own digital Freak of Nature. We are continually working to grow the property, so on your next visit to PEI, I hope you change your mind and decide to visit us again!

Reviewed 17 February 2018

This was my first visit to a Ripley’s Museum and I found it both highly entertaining and educational. It’s very hard to miss this place with its bright exterior and massive Transformer robot standing like a mighty leviathan outside ready to greet (or intimidate) those who approach the doors. But once inside, you’re immediately made aware of the fantastic and exciting world you’re about to experience: A celebrity sculpture made entirely out of crayons, a human skin mask, prehistoric megalodon teeth, a dress made out of spider-web, a shrunken head, Siamese animals – it’s all there. The unique displays of animal and human oddities is well laid out, with some even encouraging a little interactivity. For instance, who cannot help but want to stand next to the world’s tallest man? Or sit in the enchanting throne of love?

Some of the displays are a little cheesy, but on the whole they’re a lot of fun. For my partner and I, Ripley’s Believe it or Not proved to be a wonderful reprieve from our “Anne of Green Gables” adventure. We love Anne and adore the story and its authoress, but you can so easily get “Anne’d out” in PEI; thus, Ripley’s was a welcomed change. If you’re visiting PEI, this museum is a definite must stop and counterpoint to all of the Green Gables stuff thanks to its unique an eccentric displays.

1  Thank PookyCake
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

My family and I go every year and it's always fantastic. They add new things to keep it interesting and it is really amazing some of the things in there. Highly recommend!